Posing..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackdutch

Reaction score
I stink at posing my rabbits and evaluating their type (and taking pictures..). Any suggestions or advice (on pictures & type)? I've read articles and the standard and all on type.. but, I just don't get it. I can recite word for word most of the Dutch standard but I can't apply it to rabbits sitting in front of me.

They are Dutch. I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I've heard they have similar type/posing to Mini Rex.

Here's a link to my Photobucket with recent pictures of them my posing attempts. http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/docsmidnitestar/Rabbits/

Some of them come out looking like fat little turtles. (Prime example: http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/docsmidnitestar/Rabbits/P8220801.jpg)

Thanks!

I think your photos are lovely, but I'm not a shower so I can't say if they are up to snuff that way. And your bunnies are beautiful :biggrin2:I might have to come visit pennsilvania and grab myself some more dutch!

Pam nock is probably the best for this,

i stewarded the dutch table last time i was at a show and they don't seem to bother with the posing as much as the polish and the netherlands which is really important (its nethies i breed)

The best way to learn is to steward on the table at the shows you will learn so much from the judge and the other stewards, but what i learned about dutch is the like them to sit up a bit but not high like the nethies. The judge seemed very keen on type and they explained it to me as they should have 2 round circles like tennis balls over the face and 2 circles over the body but thats my limited knowledge of Dutch sorry

Jak should also be able to help as she has dutch

You did a very nice job on your photos. My main pet peeve with web photos is when people place their hand over the rabbit's head :X

Your most ideally posed rabbit is G8, the nice photo of the chocolate Dutch. The front toes are lined up with the eyes, and the rear toes are lined up with the hip bone. The rabbit is not stretched out, nor is it tucked up. You'll note that some people push the rabbit's hind feet up to its chin to "create" artificial depth of body - however it ruins the appearance of the hindquarters when the rabbit is too tucked.

Photo #P5301025 is also really nice - just needs the turned out toes lined up.

The BRC standard places a little more emphasis on the Dutch markings than the ARBA standard, so there is less emphasis on posing for body type in the BRC standard than there is in the ARBA standard.

Remember that rabbits with poor type won't look good when properly posed.

Pam

[align=center][/align]

Thats what i found Pam i am quite surprised how little they posed the dutch wheras they pose the nethies for ages. And i think they are just glad that the poles don't jump off the table lol.

Back