posing help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countrybuns

Reaction score
SO I decided to play with Scarlett today practicing posing to see how far we could get with her because she hates my camera. I had just given her a butt bath because she likes to sit in litter box and she had some poo stuck in her fur but I thought why not while she is out and freshly brushed. She will not pose! Also she is way to fluffy but her parents aren't so I am hoping she will shed out nicely in the mean time I am having a hard time getting the fur out of her eyes so you can see them. Any and all advice is welcome and appreciated and for fun here is the best one I got. I know her feet should be closer together to show her rounded bum but she wasn't having it.

scarlett007.jpg

When I raised Holland and Fuzzy lops I hated posing them. I started with every time they sat up and posed I gave them carrots or a rabbit yogurt treat. Then I took it from there. When I had them as babies I posed them everyday.

The top rabbits are bred for a conformation that enhances their ability to pose naturally.

For example, a lionhead built with a low head mount is not built for the desired pose, no matter how much you work with it.

they pose naturally until the camera comes out for some reason! They come from pretty good lines I didn't just go buy what ever crap I could find but for some reason when my camera comes out they lay down or turn away. I have tonnes of pics of Scarlett's butt.

It seems like the only time they pose is when they've hopped across the room and the camera has been turned off so I am running for it turn it on and poof hippity hop and bunny flop!

edited for a spelling mistake

Sometimes I have a second person help me pose them and then let go just as I click on the camera. Sometimes it helps - sometimes not.

This is a good help when I'm posing them for a picture where I have a neutral background and I want a show-type photo.

Other times I will let them run and pay and get their energy out - and then try to take shots of them when they're done running and want to rest. My best rabbits will just naturally sit in a posed position at that time.

Still yet - I am horrible at posing rabbits.

TinysMom wrote:
Sometimes I have a second person help me pose them and then let go just as I click on the camera. Sometimes it helps - sometimes not.

This is a good help when I'm posing them for a picture where I have a neutral background and I want a show-type photo.

Other times I will let them run and pay and get their energy out - and then try to take shots of them when they're done running and want to rest. My best rabbits will just naturally sit in a posed position at that time.

Still yet - I am horrible at posing rabbits.
I think I will try letting them run around first instead of grooming and then taking the pics right after. Thanks for the tip. Huck sits the best out of the three but he is just so tiny yet that he looks like fluff with a head lol

Latest posts

Back