Porky

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I may have spoken too soon LOL. The littlebooger bit my finger. I think he was startled by the dog barking at acar going by though. I did catch my sonholdingJunior next to the guinea pig's cage talking in a baby voice"Junior, this is your new brother, Porky". He seemed a littleembarrased when I caught him. After all he is the'mature' ageof 9. :shock:LOL. They do make the cutest littlenoises though.

aww congratz on the new guinea pig =) im sure its adorable...

wanna hear something funny? I got a new guinea pig todaytoolol rescued it from a family who couldnt care for itanymore. he's only 2, but as sweet as anything, and i swear ivorythinks its another bunny, while my puppys still convinced my entire zoois made of dogs.

dreamgal-

That is funny! Was it "National adopt a pig day" and nobody told us????LOL. What color is yours? Ours is butterscotch and white. I'm not surewhat breed he is but he looks like he has bed head all the time. Hishair sticks up. :p

junior_n_sweetpea wrote:
They do make the cutest little noises though.
I've heard that the noises they make are reallyprecious. :) I love that name! Veryoriginal.

How are Junior and my sweet baby Sweetpea reacting to him?

aww, Guinea Pigs are cute, they make this kinda weeeet weeeeet squeal hehe so cute!!!

guinea pigs are adorable...i had one named Loriwho was brown and white...she lived in a cage just outside our oldkitchen. whenever my mom would cut veggies, you'd hear her go'WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET WEET WEET WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET' cuz she knew shegot a carrot or an apple core or something.

here's a picture of mine..

tn_109-0949_IMG.jpg

and just to see how stuffed their room is...

this is a big picture, not gonna put it here...but here's the link

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v292/dreamgal042/109-0948_IMG.jpg

the green circle is Ivory, if you can see her...

the blue with the 2 is my two hamsters

and the yellow is my guinea pig. the drawer is out because we're gonnatry to move my desk (and the internet) into that room, and the placewhere the internet needs to go is behind the drawer, so my dad wasseeing what it would take to get it up there.

okay, you gotta tell me how you built thatcage...i was looking at doing something like that, but have no cluehow...Ivory would love a split-level cage lol

It was so easy! It is made from shelving cubes. Igot them from Wal-Mart but I know target carries them as well as officemax. They are square metal grids that you can connect intoany size or shape to make shelving units. Well, if you make a box outof them it can be a cage! Lol. I used nylon cable ties (zip ties) tohold them together. Then I had my husband cut plywood to fit on theshelves and carpeted them. The bottom floor is linoleum. Igot it for free from the flooring store in town. They said they werejust going to throw it away because it was such a small scrap. But itworked perfectly for us. My husband even put wheels on it so I couldmove it around. I think the total cost for the rabbit cage wassomewhere around $60.00. But then I also made Porky's cage out of theleft overs. So I got two cages out of them. I think I used three orfour boxes of grids. They are really sturdy too. If I can do it anyonecan! Do an internet search for "NIC" (Neat Ideas Cubes) condos or cagesfor small animals and you will get tons of references and ideas.

yea id love to do that...but i just realizedivory still isnt litter trained =\ so it might not work to have him ina cage without a bottom. also, we already have an extra cagein the attic, so another might not work so well lol great ideathough...props to you =)

Jr. and Sweetpea are urine trained andmost of the poop makes it in the boxes, but we still use a shop vac tovacuum it out every morning because they do poop outside of the litterboxes too. I have heard that is pretty normal for buns though. I thinkthey are considered litter trained when all the pee makes it in thebox. LOL. Still gotta mark their territory. :p

Latest posts

Back