pooy butt........

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettybluz

Reaction score
Hello< I've had my Mini Lop Kumo for around 8 years now. and in the past few months he has started to get poo stuck on his butt in an increasing amount.
ive transed him to clean him off and then it happened again.. ive switched him to a different cage.... thinking maybe he was uncomfterble.. but he hasnt lost weight and hasnt had a drematic mood change.... his poo isnt watery... just sticky... but i just dont know if this is part of the aging prosses.....

i dont know anyone else with a bunny to ask....

any ideas???

Hi, since you mention that this has been happening in the past few months (increasing) I second what angieluv said about any food changes, and also if he might be overweight?

Rabbits produce cecal, which are like fecals (poops) but these are usually eaten directly by the rabbit, they provide nutrients. You can read about that here:
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11935&forum_id=10

The above link also explains many reasons for 'poopy butt'.

Basically, if he is overweight he may not be able to reach his cecals, or clean himself. Since you describe the mess on his bum as sticky, that would be my guess.

There might be some food, usually vegetables that do not agree with him, he may need to stop eating veggies for a bit and eat only hay and pellets to see if he improves.

Can you tell us what you are feeding him at the moment, and as angieluv asked if anything has changed? I would also consider taking the bunny into a vet for a check up and fecal float.

there have been no changes in his diet.. he's never much cared for fruit of veggies so he stays on a strict diet of pellets and hay...... thats it... he always has plenty of water.

being over weight might be the issue... being that he is a little heavier..... hummmm

i'll check out that link as well as make a vet appointment....

sounds like ISS............ yes to the vet we go...... its gone on too long! i dont want him to die!

he did seem to gain weight when it started...... if i remember correctly... and doesnt show any other signs of health issues... but its a bloody mess! and its driving me crazy......

Latest posts

Back