Poor Scooby

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LumLumPop

Reaction score
I feel so bad for Scooby. He had such a short cruddy life and definableeinately deserved WAY better. Scooby was the "pet" rabbit of my cousin she got for easter. I love my little cousin(3 years old) and we're very close but...she's a spoiled little brat! She got a rabbit(not sure what it was)and named him Scooby. The moment I saw Scooby I knew he was a special rabbit because though he was domesticated he resembled a hare more than a rabbit. He was a surprisingly calm rabbit considering his hectic lifestyle. He was completely fine being constantly handled by little kids. He grew particularly fond of this little boy who was just in awe of him. (How I wish Scooby could have found a home with him!) Unfortunately the good times for Scooby end here! One day my cousin wasn't getting her way. So in one of her frequent temper tantrums she THREW Scooby in the backyard to fend for himself! My Aunt and Uncle tried to catch poor Scooby. (They set traps but usually would catch the same possum over again and one time a very angry cat) but he was terrified and would never come to them! So when I got back from staying in LA I went out there. I did what my Dad's friend(who's owned rabbits all of his life)taught me to do. I sat and fiddled with a cat toy until curiosity won him over and he came and sat in my lap. From that day on I would visit and feed Scooby every weekend but I was afraid he was too wild or he may carry a disease so I was trying to find a more experienced foster mom. Sadly one day I came over and my Aunt told me they found Scooby's remains with some cruel talon marks on him. Scooby was obviously a very specific breed who was unusually calm and lived a short,awful life when he deserved so much better. I wanted to put him in a cage and put him some place indoors but my Aunt and Uncle wanted nothing to do with him and my Dad didn't want our already then very sick cat(who died weeks later)catch anything that he could have been carrying. I wish I could have done more for Scooby. The most I could do for him was bury him and then teach my Aunt and Uncle about rabbits who then promised not to get one in the future unless they were positive Ava was old enough to be responsible enough for a pet.

R.I.P Scooby!

Latest posts

Back