Poor Felipe

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FelipesMommy

Reaction score
First he had to go to the vet for a well-bunny check up. Vet said he looked great. Then, a few minutes ago I caught him chewing on an electrical wire (to the DVD player) and fussed at him. Couple minutes later there's a huge POP behind the TV and I see SPARKS! Felipe shot out from behind the TV. He has a little blackened patch near his leg that he won't let me see :( My poor baby blew himself up! He seems otherwise okay though. He keeps fussing with the spot, trying to clean it. Poor thing.

Wires were covered with electrical tape and put away best I could, tomorrow is a trip to get cord covers although I doubt he'll chew them again after this.

aww poor baby! i wouldn't count on him not chewing cords again though, not sure how long a buns memory is. best to be safe than sorry though!

Ugh, this happened to our guinea pig once. His whiskers got curled. It was hilarious though, once we made sure he wasn't hurt. Big scorch mark on the bed, too! It taught him nothing.

He's managed to lick off all the burnt fur, so now he has a little patch of much shorter hair. He finally let me close enough to mess with him. It didn't hurt the skin at all that I can see. Now he wants me to pet him constantly.

Poor Felipe! Maybe you should post this in the Infirmary section. I am worried about him being burned internally. This may be an urban legend but I always heard that if they get shocked like that, the current can go from their mouths through their bodies burning them, which would explain why he has a burn on his leg instead of his mouth. Poor baby :(

I will cross post in the Infirmary. Based on online research so far, it looks like he's (hopefully) in the clear. Read online the popping noise was wires touching each other, wouldn't have made a noise if it went through Felipe. My guess is the wires touched and made sparks, which made the little burn near his leg. Since it's been 5 hours and he's happy and eating, I'm PRAYING that he is going to be fine!

I have a friend whose pet chewed one of those glo-stick necklaces. Walks into the bedroom in the middle of the night, fur aglow. My friend and her hubby had to cut the fur off, turn lights off to see where glo-fur is, turn lights on to cut, repeat. :)

:laugh:

MaryAnne wrote:
I have a friend whose pet chewed one of those glo-stick necklaces. Walks into the bedroom in the middle of the night, fur aglow. My friend and her hubby had to cut the fur off, turn lights off to see where glo-fur is, turn lights on to cut, repeat. :)

Seeing a glowing pet walk in the door would have scared the dickens out of me! lol!

Glowing pets makes me think of Pet Semetary!

On a similar note, my boyfriends brothers dog chewed on a cord a few months ago and burned her mouth pretty good. Other than a little burn mark for a while, she was okay though. Hasn't chewed on a cord since, but we will see. :)

Hope your bun is okay!

Latest posts

Back