Poor Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edwinf8936

Reaction score
Bunny has been kind of stiff legged on her leftrear for the past 6 weeks or so. I know she had splayed legsand some arthritis, she likes the heat vent. Now she has notbeen sitting right. Went to the vet and the x-rays showedsome arthritis and calcium build up. We tried some shots andsome anti inflammatory. The vet concluded with another vetand stayed on the course of treatment. This week she stillhad not improved so the regular vet didn't know what else to do andreferred us to the other vet who is more specialized in rabbits.

The vet examined her real good and studied the xrays. Hisconclusion is that she has some nerve damage. It could be dueto a injury from jumping or could be from some irregularities in herspine. Either way, there is not much we can do. Isaid I was concerned that she would be in pain and he said she isn'tand the leg may actually be a little numb. We will just haveto see how things go. She may be prone to sores on her badleg and it may improve may not or may get worse.

So for now she walks and sits stiff legged. I will work alittle therapy on her leg to see if that helps. She doesn'tseems to be bothered by it. She does have some troublecleaning due to not being able to sit up right.

Ed

ohh Ed that reallly stinks :(

good thing for bunny she has someone as caring and as good as you to take care of her!

I am sure that in your care she will feel just fine and you will accomodate for anything she cant take of herself.

Goodluck with her and I hope her situation improves!

Sending you warm wishes to you and your bunny, just as a thought would massage help to ease any pain she may have???

Goodluck and I hope things improve for you

Oh no! That wouldbe a difficult situation. I agree though, Bunny is very fortunate tohave you. So many buns would suffer because they wouldn't get thespecial love and attention you are giving. I hope things get better andnot worse. You two will be in my thoughts.

Raspberry

Back