Poor Baxter! was caught outside in a thundrstorm this afternoon..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh good! sounds like a perfect or nearly perfect bunny place!

Oh, isn't it awful how we mistreat the bunnies? :rollseyes:big wink:

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Maybe the thumps were:

• DO NOT put me outside again!
  • DO NOT leave me again!
  • WATCH OUT! there's a lot of big boom monsters out there!

Yup I think your spot on - his thumps were warnings that he was NOT about to be moved back to that patio any time soon (which he will be tomorrow as I need to vacuum and he hates that machine I believe as much as Thunder), but will hang with him prior to leaving him out there so that he knows he's not all alone...

He's so young and has so many " I'm sorry's" coming his way.. :( But maybe the "making up" for the I'm sorrys will always be enough to overcome the months he was homeless.. will have to wait and see..

juliew19673 wrote:
Trailsend you crack me up (and your blog, I love) your SO busy with your ranch and the various animals I cannot imagine how you do it all..

Also being in the area of the world you are and having so many animals you must deal with wicked weather and having to be "johnny on the spot" putting them away or checking on them after the storm - "How Do You Deal With It?"..

Lately our winters haven't been too bad which is usually the worst time... thankfully pretty much everyone runs for shelter when the weather is bad, except for the sheep, they just stand around and wait for me to haul them in! lol. The only answer to "how do you do it all..." is stubbornness and determination! :pMy husband will tell you he tries to make life easier for me and I'll still go ahead and do it the hard way.. just hard headed!

I can't hardly wait for Baxter!'s blog!! Your patio sounds really handy. He has a good thing and he knows it... despite like Bo said... how terribly difficult we make life for our bunnies! :p

Awww! Poor Baxter! I just read this thread.... poor little guy! Hows he doing now? Sounds like the other people who posted previously all gave great advice and info... can't really add anything.... well except a similar story about Oliver...

He was a baby and I wasn't familar with keep bunnies as house pets yet, and Oliver stayed outside in his hutch. One night I awoke to a terrible thunderstorm and ran out to check on little Olie.... poor baby! he was soaked to the bone. I took him inside, dried him off, and put him to bed with me. He was kinda jumpy for a few days if I remember correctly and weary about going outside if it wasn't bright and sun shiny for a while afterwards... but I really think it served as a bonding experience for Olie and I... and I think in the long run, Baxter!'s t-storm encounter will do the same for you too!!

I was thinking about Tony and Baxter! today. Tony is out in his hutch and we're leaving him most of the day now. I worry but it's got to be so he can be shown at the fair...

There was a loud noise (I did it.... I accidently dropped the lid to the gas grill and it banged!) and Tony "flew" under his hidy house! LOL!

Thanks Bunbunbinkie and Bo B Bunny - yeah, I would think it would bring us closer together, but as I "saved" Baxter! from the outside I think he's kinda "peeved" that I let him experience a similiar scarey situation (I swear I can see it in his face)..

He's acting like the terrible 2 year old again and we had made such progress for the last couple of weeks.. NO destroying things, no making noise to get attention and now that has ALL gone south!!!

I'm not sure now, if he knows he has room to act problematic without getting "scolded" for it since this happened, but he has just been - "bad"? Needy, "mouthy" (meaning biting his cage, tearing up his stuff, knocking over his bowl) - generally stating he's reallty mad/upset/scared/irritated.. sigh..

It's obviously not the end of the world for him or I - but we now have to take many steps back from our journey together in trusting each other and knowing each other... But like you both said (and others before you) perhaps "we" can spin this into a positive..

And I know on the whole scheme of things, this is such a slight matter.. Can you imagine me if he gets a serious health problem?!!! Lord help you All! LOL!!

Baxter! is ...... very good at milking the situation isn't he? (milking - for those who don't know that phrase - means for their own benefit and notbecause they are truly still upset or traumatised or ever were..... to get every ounce of what they can for what you have done or what they have been through.. simply put - manipulation!)

Such a bunny! Bo is exactly that way! lol

Latest posts

Back