Poopy Butt Mess

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokeysMomMom

Reaction score
:shock:Our Smokey has poopy mess again. Yesterday it was smooshed down in the size of a pancake. I guess when she pooped her pile she sat on it and smooshed it.

It seems like she gets like this after I feed her certain things.

I have been giving her Timothy Hay and Timothy Pellets everyday, but on Friday I gave her one baby carrot. Plus a few cheerios on Sat. and Sun. Could this be it?

Usually I juststick to her apple treats from the pet store along with her Timothy pellets and hay.

She seems to have a sensitive stomach when I give her anything else (carrots and cheerios).

One more question. Does Parsley give rabbits smooshy poos?

Was it cecals (the soft poo), or like softer normal poo, more like diarrhoea?

Any foods can upset bunnies tummies, so if you find something that bothers her, stay away from it. How old is she?

Anything can affect any bun, some are more likely to affect buns, some are less likely, but any can have any effect on then, so yes it is possible that parsley could do that with your bun, even if it doesn't with others.

Is she over weight? Have you changed her diet in any other way? How much pellets does she get?

She poops a zillion little poo poo balls and then she sits on them and they get mooshed. It isn't runny at all. She is three years old and I give her a half of cup of Timothy Hay Pellets and Timothy Hay. So the poos look like the round hard ones but mooshy and shiny looking. I don't know if that is diarrhea or what? I am confused. All I know is that the regular ones are little round and hard and aren't as shiny. Does that make any sense?

You might want to look at this link about poo. http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12076&forum_id=17

Rabbit's have two types, fecals (the harder, crumblier ones) and cecals (the softer ones, like a small bunch of grapes). It might be that those foods make your bun produce excess cecals that she then sits in.

Is she also doing the normal poos that you see? Sorry if I'm beiung stupid, lol.

:)Thanks for all of your help.

Yes, they did look like a pile of tiny little grapes and shiny and not hard. So those are the cecals. So when she sat on them, they smooshed down like a pancake.

She is back to her old self now. I have been giving her plenty of timothy hay along with her timothy hay pellets. No treats. She is going normal now. The little round hard poos.

I worry about her like she is one of my children. I was going to take her to the vet, but she is fine.

Thanks again. All of you are the best:)

Back