Poopy Butt again

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokeysMomMom

Reaction score
I have posted on here before and now our rabbit has poopy butt again. She is an outside bunny unless it is hot outside and we bring her in. She was doing so well since we changed her diet, but she is making big poo poos again. We had to clean it off of her butt yesterday. She is outside today and now I am worried. Maybe I should keep her inside till she is better. What else would cause poopy butt? It said spring weather causes it? How is this? Could parsley and carrots cause it too? Thanks. I am so worried like she is one of my kids. I thought this problem with the poo poo all over her and the cage was over with. I know about the fly thing. EWE.

I would keep her inside until the poopy butt clears up.

I would discontinue giving any carbs,treats, including carrots (sugary) and push the hay until she returns to normal.

If it appears to be diarrhea, get her to a vet as soon as possible.

Thanks so much. That is what we will have to do. It's not worth it but I feel bad that she has to be in the basement alone:( Her cage inside isn't that big but she is alone down there. I feel so bad. I had her in my daughters room, but all of a sudden my husband said my step son is allergic to the rabbit. I might put her in her room for a bit. For company.

So just give her Timothy Hay Pellets and Timothy Hay. What about Parsley? Discontinue that too? Thanks.

Your bunny is so adorable.

I'd stop all sugary, carby stuff first and see if that does the trick. If she doesn't improve in a day or so, take all veggies away.

Does she like hay? Does she eat a lot? It's really good for them. I had a rabbit with the same problem and it was hard to get him to eat hay. He would only eat it if I hand fed it to him, piece by piece.

Thanks for the compliment. That'sBaby in my avatar. She went to the bridge June 13th.

Latest posts

Back