pooping on the floor

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielle_92

Reaction score
my bunny has started over the past couple of days to poop on the floor ...... She is fully toilet trained and rarely has "accidents" .... ive noticed its around where her hay is so ive scooped up all the poop and hay anf put it in her area of where she goes to the toilet. Is this the right thing to do get her out of this habbit? Does anyone have any tips?

When she realised I wasnt happy with her she went and hid her face in the corner ..... couldnt even be cross with her cause she melts my heart x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Rabbit Forum mobile app

A couple questions:
Is she pooping in one spot or all over?
How old is she and is she spayed?

its just one spot, where her hay is.
yeah she is spayed x

That makes sense. :) Bunnies like to eat and poop at the same time. I would try either placing a litter box in that spot with the hay or move the hay to where her litter box is.

You've done the right thing by scooping up her poop into her litter tray as well as the hay. As BunnyWabbit suggested, try to keep the hay above or next to the litter box so that it's accessible while she's in there, rabbits do like to poop and eat at the same time, the crazy things :p

its getting worse she's pooping everywhere!! x

Has anything in her environment changed? Even if it's not in the same room, she may be able to smell or sense some new change which is causing her to poop everywhere to mark her territory again. Otherwise, it may be a phase or it could be a sign that she's not feeling well. Do her poops look normal, and is she showing any other abnormal behaviours?

I'm having the same problem with Q-tip...at this point I've just chalked it up to her being a brat and trying to show me who's boss. Also, she may have heard us talking about a husbun for her....

Latest posts

Back