Poop!?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankz

Reaction score
Very awkward question, LOL. But last night, I noticed sunny had a STRING of poop..like a pearl necklace spaced apart! It was so odd. I also noticed it hare in it. :?. Is this normal...?

Hi!

That is because your rabbit is ingesting- and passing- a lot of fur. It's good that the fur is moving through, but it may also be a sign that your rabbit's gut is starting to slow down a little. Strings of poop are usually a sign to me to make sure that the rabbit is eating lots of fiber (unlimited grass hay, high fiber pellets), getting lots of water (via fresh, wet veggies and canned pumpkin), and exercise. Plus brushing, of course. Simple preventative stuff like this can help prevent any real problems and may make your rabbit feel more comfortable. After all, who wants to poop like that? lol

Here's a recent discussion on gut slowdown (GI stasis) and poop problems like this:
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=50040&forum_id=16

And the article and links from our Library:
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=28622&forum_id=10

Absolutely. My guys pass fur a lot. Keep an eye on them, and try to add more fiber to the diet. Brushing can help, and some probiotic would be really useful. Make sure he's drinking a lot of water as well, which keeps the gut moving well. Don't use any petroleum-based laxatives.

Update-

Okay everyone, just so you know, last night I played with Sunny (she's still healing from this accident) and I checked her litter pan, she's pooping regular :bunnydance:. LOL, I'm getting excited over poop. I'm just happy she's getting better. I pushed a little extra grass/hay and she munched away. Especially on her grassies. Now I'm brushing her regularly and all that jazz :p.

Thanks for the help everyone!!

Latest posts

Back