Poop question?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lizzy

Reaction score
Hi!
I was wondering if anyone can advise me on my bunny Ada's poop.
Ada is 5 years old, lives inside at night and goes outside for the day providing the weather is ok. She's in very good condition but occasionally has suffered from gut stasis. Usually Ada poops in one place in her inside and outside run (sometimes it changes but not all that often)but in the last few months I've noticed that she's occasionally pooping on my carpet, usually after she's been relaxing and being stroked - theres not many and it's not the usual morning poops but she does eat them? I'm a little worried so should I go to the vets? Other than that she's very happy and eating normally.
Any help will be very much appreciated!

Do you have other pets? sometimes when they are marking their territory they will leave stray poops. My rabbit uses her litter box at my place but is horrible at my parents while shes chasing the cats around. It may just be you stroking her as well, your stimulating her which sometimes can lead to pooping. Is she spayed?
When my rabbit gets excited or "horny" she poops too.

your bun bun is probably fine but if you are really worried and it is really unlike her to do this then maybe a trip to the vet. any behavior change can be a sign of something, rabbits and tricky.

Ada is with my little boy bunny Teazle who's just turned two - he's 'rather keen' on her at the moment but she's not really wanting those kind of advances! They are both spayed.
I'm just not sure why she eats the poops that aren't in the usual place up? She doesn't do this outside?

Back