Poop everywhere!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxknite13

Reaction score
Tho it only seems to happen when I put them in the cage and close the play pen. When I go to work I would open the cage and attach a play pen so they have more room (I've only had them for a week, no free roaming for them yet), and when I get back, there is poop all over the enclosed area, some in the cage. It also happens at night when they go back to their cage. But when i let them roam, i would find some stray poop but very little. Is that their form of protest? I already gather it up and drop it back into the litter box but it's not really making a difference.

How old are the buns and are they spayed or neutered?

Buns will mark their territory with poo. Since you have only had them for a week then this may be what they are doing. They should stop this over time as they feel at home. Continue to pick up the poo and place it in the litter box.

What is their cage set up? It helps to hang a hay rack above the litter box so that they are completely in the litter box when munching on their hay. You could also just place a pile of hay in one corner of the litter box. Buns tend to poo when eating.

They are sprayed and neutered (one male and one female) but even the adoption people don't know how old they are...they are guessing about 1? They just got sprayed and neutered 3 days before I got them. I guess I'll see what the bunnies does when they've been here longer. I have a large cat litter box with hay on top and more hay on one side. Should I still get a hay rack?

My guys only let up on pooping everywhere quite recently! I've had them for 3-4 months, so I'd give it some time. They're still not perfect :p but they definitely seem to poop mostly in their box and only let out the occasional one or two when they're running around, now. Their litter box setup is like yours, though I'll be getting a hay rack soon just to keep it tidier.

When I just had miyo, her litterbox habits were perfect! But then I got Rodney, and now both of them kinda leave poos here and there, even though theyrr both fixed. It's just a territorial thing I think.

I got Milli when she was around 2 months old (a couple of weeks ago) and she would poop everywhere. Now, she only poop outside of her cage when I introduce her to a new area. She learned to pee in her litter box but poops everywhere (in her cage). It's annoying 'cause we removed the bedding (since she would move it aside and lay on the plastic bottom of the cage) so there's poop rolling around everywhere until we scoop 'em up.

Latest posts

Back