Poo question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

queenadreena

Reaction score
I'm just wondering why my rabbits sometimes do these weird, clustered together poo's (not cecotropes) They look more like... lil blueberry poo's(for lack of better description) and are soft and small, all stuck together in a line...As well as these they are doing normal poops, but was just curious if its something in their diet producing the other type?

Hey there - those sounds an awful lot like cecotropes - how do you know that's not what they are? She could be producing extra cecals and not eating them and that's why you are seeing them laying around (this is usually a sign of too much protein in the diet)

Do you have a picture? That might help clear up the mystery...

Same question as spring - have you started feeding her anything different? What's her diet like right now? What pellet... lots of hay??

_________
Nadia

I just assumed they wern't ceco's because their ones usually look different to this..
They get fresh hay everyday and are currently being fed excel pellets(good UK brand) I feed them limited fresh vegetables though the only change i can think of is the brand of hay (i couldn't get to the store i usually get it from) Is getting too much protein a bad thing for a rabbit? I don't have a pic, but they look like normal poops, only smaller, wetter and clung together in a line :?

Are they strung together by hair or anything? Or do they look like cecotropes only a different shape?

cecals.jpg

My rabbits are doing the same thing. I have however switched their diet recently. They were eating guinea pig food originally (at the pet shop) and when I brought them home I switched them to real rabbit pellets (Martin Mills) and Timothy hay (unlimited amounts), and I've noticed since the switch that everyday (and throughout the day) I'm finding these "poops". I hope someone can tell me if this is at all threatening to the lives of my rabbits. Should I be worried?

Melissa

Latest posts

Back