Polish Dwarf and NIC

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eschimpf

Wheek, Hop, Meow
Reaction score
I figured before I went to the store I would double check my cage specs for the cage I am planning.
I have space for a 4'x2' cage. It would be 3' high. For a polish dwarf would this be ok?

I figured I would do a 2'x2' platform about half way up (so 18" from the ground). Line the bottom and the platform with carpet and have a little box on the main level.

Thoughts?

If you are using the standard NIC grids, they are 14" by 14", so it would be a bit bigger than your measurements. A 2X4 grid cage is 28" by 56", 3 high is 42". You can overlap them if you want as well.

18" is tall for a little rabbit to jump up. Mine are not taller than 14", or 1 grid high and some are shorter, about 1/2 a grid. With a 3ft or so high cage, you could have a couple levels.

It is a good sized cage. The only thing that could be an issue is the spacing of the bars. You might need to add some wire mesh over top, especially around the bottom and around the level. Some smaller rabbits could get their head stuck in a grid, so you need to be careful. I have a Netherland Dwarf foster in an NIC cage and he does fine, so it depends on the rabbit.

I figured out my math was off on the gird size so I went 2x3 with three high and places the platform at the top of one grid. I also made a ramp. ;)

Latest posts

Back