Poe's nose is bleeding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiRa92

Reaction score
I'm not sure whether Poe's nose is bleeding or is it a wound or something. I was working the whole day and when I came home Poe is lying on his chest. He is so weak right now. What should I do? Is he dying? And I can't find any vet at night. I panicked. What should I do? I'm feeding him with his crushed pellets and mixed it with water and I'm using a syringe to feed him. Is it okay if I do this every 3 hours? and I don't know the amount of soggy pellets should I give him. I am so not in the right mind right now. SOMEBODY HELP ME! :shock::?:nerves1:anyone::cry4:

Is there any way he could have fallen or gotten attacked by something while you were gone?
Could he have scratched his nose somehow and thats where the blood is coming from, or is the blood COMING from his nose?

I would get him to a vet ASAP. It sounds like he may have some sort of internal injury, as far as I know with bloody noses and other animals.

The pellet mix is fine, is he eating it? Make sure he has lots of hay. You can soak the hay in water too, to make it softer if you think he's having a hard time chewing. Try to see if he'll eat any fresh greens or herbs, make sure they've been rinsed and not dried, to help him get water. And make sure he's drinking water, dehydration sets in in rabbits pretty quickly and can be very dangerous.

Is he still pooping and peeing regularly? Is he able to actually move?

A vet ASAP!

I would bring him to the vet as soon as possible. when my bunny had an operation her nose was bleeding after i got her and i dabbed it with a cloth.
but a vet is the answer

Back