plz I need help (-_-;)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FoggyForest

Reaction score
ok. so i'm bonding my buns, a 2yr neutered male, Bandit, and 8mo female (was spayed about 4wk ago), Havyn.
Havyn is a cutie. She is kind of skittish, also she's Bandits granddaughter. She is constantly demanding grooming from Bandit. She walks over at random times and puts her head down. Bandit usually will groom her, like not rlly licking but more nuzzling. He was lazy today and didn't want to do it, so I put mushy banana on havyn's head and he was like OH YES. but after he had been licking her head for like 3 mins, he walked behind her and pulled some of her fur out.
She ran away and sat in a corner. Havyn's kinda angry at bandy for that.
They haven't had a history of fighting. I just started bonding her w/ him like 1-2wks ago. They mostly ignore each other. he chases after her trying to get her to play with him, but she is kind of shy. They've groomed, laid down together, eaten banana together. as I said, she requests grooming often but he mostly just nuzzles. I try to get them in neutral territory and everything. Not sure why he keeps pulling the fur out tho.
plz help!! I have no idea why he's doing this. Also how do I keep them from ignoring each other soooo much...?

Ignoring is actually not a bad sign, especially at the beginning of bonding. You want them to accumulate as much of neutral and positive interactions -- we much prefer ignoring (which is tolerating the other's presence) vs. chasing and lunging.

We don't want to take too much time analyzing every single interaction you see in bonding (that's a lot to handle and there's likely going to be a lot of mixed signals), but what she is displaying is a want to be dominant. She wants him to groom her, and he might not like being in that position, so pulling her fur/nipping her can be his way of saying "No! I'm not going to, go away."

See here for some guidance on progressing through bonding: Bonding Archives | BinkyBunny

Ignoring is actually not a bad sign, especially at the beginning of bonding. You want them to accumulate as much of neutral and positive interactions -- we much prefer ignoring (which is tolerating the other's presence) vs. chasing and lunging.

We don't want to take too much time analyzing every single interaction you see in bonding (that's a lot to handle and there's likely going to be a lot of mixed signals), but what she is displaying is a want to be dominant. She wants him to groom her, and he might not like being in that position, so pulling her fur/nipping her can be his way of saying "No! I'm not going to, go away."

See here for some guidance on progressing through bonding: Bonding Archives | BinkyBunny
Thank you! wow I didn't know that at all. I will look at the link 🐰🐇

Back