PLZ Help..! It's and EMergency..! **

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxpebblesxx

Reaction score
:(Please!!

if anyone can help at all...

last night, we started getting suspicious of the way our bunny wasacting... he would lay in the living room for hours and rarely moved atall.. he did not care to eat, his ears were cold and for teh rest ofthe night, he did not poo... :(

we waited, hoping he would return to his happy, playful manner the nextmorning but he still wasnt well.. we talked to the vet for a shortwhile and he says it it a furball he has... i dont want to doubt thevet, but i dont want to be so sure of it...

so since yesterday til now, hes still staying in one spot, his eyes arealways seemed to be closed, he wont drink or eat or poo, and around hisnose, the fur has become hard from teh wetness before...

im so scared.. ive had him for more than 4 years and hes my sunshine..IF any one has ANY idea on whats hurting my precious baby, PLEASE donthesitate the slightest to reply... thank you so much for any help ..

praying forPebbles,Lisa

Hi There hun,

If the vet says he has a furball, that might just be it.

You need to try and get your little Pebbles to drink fresh pineapple juice, thats supposed to be good for blockages.

Also, there is a thread about G.I Stasis that you should read about when Carolyn's little TuckerBucker got sick.

I also suggest that maybe you take your bunny to the vet.

Youre in my prayers.

-Michelle

Hi Lisa,
I owned a norweign dutch that had this same problem. I truly thought hewas going to die. This happened too a month after my husband passedaway...I thought the kids were going to lose it!

The vet gave me a bunny laxitive to feed Oreo (my rabbit) by syringe. Ihad to insert the syringe into the corner of his mouth and get him totake it...then he also got fresh pineapple juice. Soon he was wright asrain!

Good Luck
Lisa

Hi Lisa

I'm so sorry to hear about your bun :(

As others have said....push the fresh pineapple juice to help break down the fur-ball. It will also help to hydrate him.

If you use a syringe to force liquids be careful. Go slow, as it ispossible to accidentally force the liquid into their lungs (aspirate?).

Keep us updated!

~Jim

Hi everyone..

my lilangel looks better today.... we took him to the vet and he wasvaccinated with an antibiotic called Baytril and we were given Papine(meat tenderizer) to feed him orally with baby food daily...

yesterday nite, hetook his first sip of water and today, he seemed like he was drinkingout of his water bowl every 15 minutes... is too much water a badthing???but hewont getdehydrated.. thats forsure...

we feed him Papine with papaya baby food and heseems to getbetter little by little more andmore:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)!!!!!!!!

the vet did say that it was most likely a hair ball but its not moulting season..?

i'm going to go buy 5 tubes of Petromalt today.. i dont know why but ijust stopped feeding him that about a yearago because im suchan idiooot!! .. ayyy

but man, THANK U ALL FOR your concerns and info.. i need to show u alla picture of my angel u have helped=)

truly grateful, Lisa

Latest posts

Back