Please tell me. . .

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LunaBun

Reaction score
to step away from the pet shop that has 6-ish week old baby holland lops that were so adorable tonight including a white and gray one.

tell me it's best to get my girl spayed and go to the rescue to help her find a new friend.

please tell me myhusbandwill kill me if I bring home another bunny. Please? :mrsthumper:

That's the right thing to do. Right?

If you're looking to bond an existing rabbit, a rescue that does dates is definitely the way to go. It is much harder to bond rabbits that aren't spayed and neutered and adopting an adult gives you a chance to see their adult personality as well as to see how the two adult rabbits interact with eachother.

If you're looking to bond an existing rabbit, a rescue that does dates is definitely the way to go. It is much harder to bond rabbits that aren't spayed and neutered and adopting an adult gives you a chance to see their adult personality as well as to see how the two adult rabbits interact with eachother.

That's exactly what I was needing to hear. LOL. :)

Definitely the right thing to walk away. Perhaps once you mention this to your husband, he''ll be willing to go with you on all future trips to the pet store, to reduce the temptation.

IMO it is much better to get your girl spayed and then look for a rescue to take in. If you get a baby the two buns may never bond. The baby may have issues ( health or behavior) that either you or your husband may not be happy dealing with.

If you rescue you should have a better chance of adopting a bun that your bun will accept. You should also have a better idea of the new buns personality making it easier to find one that everyone in the house will be happy with.

Plus, if everything works out well and good your husband is less likely to feel that ya'll have too many pets, or for him to start enjoying having pets more.

Latest posts

Back