Please talk me out of adopting a rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beazle

Reaction score
Please don't tell my dog, but rabbits are my favorite. I thought "Oh hey, let me go check out the forum and look at cages!" and now I'm ready to go adopt again. D:

I don't have anyone telling me I can't, but I know I should wait.

But if I do can I blame all of you?

Did you lose a rabbit?

If there's nothing stopping you from adopting a bun then adopt a bun! There is probably some bun out there looking for you right now!

OHHH...wait, I was supposed to talk you out of it right? Oops. :D

Is it your dog that will object if you adopt??? Did you just adopt, is that why you said adopt again? What are the reasons for you not adopting and do those reasons outweigh the love and joy a bun brings?

It depends on where you were planing to adopt. I would not get any bun from a petstore. Definatley get them from a shelter. I like to think of it as giving them a second chance that way :D

Oh god you all are not helping. :(

I've had rabbits before, and I LOVE them. I'm just starting a new fulltime job, so I want to make sure my finances are taken care of first. So I'm thinking maybe towards the middle of April? I want to build a cage first (and downgrade my dogs kennel), find a hay supplier in the area, and decide whether I'm going to adopt or buy from a reputable breeder. I know I want a male now, and I want it to be a Holland Lop and I want an adult - no babies.

My dog was a rescue, so I'm leaning towards rescuing, but his rescue group only has bonded buddies and New Zeland/Flemish giants. When I'm ready I'll let both shelters in the area know what I'm looking for and see if they can alert me when they get one. Cooper IS a pain in the butt, though, so he's going to need close supervision. My roommates pets will be fine with it, they're both calm and sweet. But Cooper is still pretty young and bouncy.

My rental office is cool with it, I announced it to my boyfriend and roommate and they're good with it, too. So now I guess I have no real excuse not to get one after my finances are taken care of. :)

I REALLY want to find a kitchen cart/cabinet and build a cage from there, but if not I'll just do a 2x2x2 NIC cage.

Latest posts

Back