PLEASE REPLY QUICK :(:(:(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xbabiixangelx

Reaction score
I have a rabbit whos about 4 months old, I posted earlier and that was when she was fine apart from slightly wobbly but shes been like that since she was born.

Yesterday her eye was running with discharge but she was stil moving and my sister said she was going with me to take her to the vets 2day.but now im back from college (i have half day she has full) i found my rabbit wont eat now (she did yesterday) and wont move, she isnt paralysed as when she literally tips over she moves her legs to try getup (but i had to pick her up tho coz she cudnt do it herself no more)

i want to take her to the vet but im skint, my sister is gone and has left her phone off and im on my house on my own and i dont know wot to do. is there a way i can help my rabbit before going to the vet?

Oh no! Poor little baby.:(She really needs a vet as soon as possible. Any way you could get a taxi? Till then, you'll need to syringe some fluids and a little food (wet mashed up pellets) into her mouth. Do you have baby medicine or animal feeding syringes around?

Warmth can also help make her comfortable. You can fill a sock with dry rice, tie it off, and microwave it till it's warm. Then give it to her to cuddle with. Or you can microwave a towel, although it won't stay warm for as long.

Prayers for you baby.:pray:

thanks, ill try tht, but im kind of woried bout the syringe thing. i did it with my hamster 2/3 months ago wen he was sick (he was about 2 1/2) and i wasnt sure if i put it in right and made him choke or if he was just to weak to swallow the medicine but he died after that...and im scared im gonna do the same

It's easier with buns because they are bigger. Don't put the bun on her back. If you need to restrain her, gently wrap her in a towel. And point the syringe into the side of her cheek, not the back of the mouth. That way you'll just put the fluids/food on her tongue and she won't accidently breathe it in.

Honeypot has some excellant instructions in this thread, just scroll down a little.
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11658&forum_id=16

thing is i did put it on the cheek of the hamster as my sister told me what you just told me. somehow he still choked i think.

thanks. dont think ill need to restrain her too much in the state shes in right now though :(

Im off to do that. thanks. ill post to tell what happens next after the vets and that. im hoping she wont have to be put down though.

um.. just got back and shes gone.. she was on her side. does anyone know what this could have been?:(:(:(:(:(:(:(im stumped

thx so much naturesteefor replying, ill keep it for future reference

I'm so sorry. Binky free, little baby. :pink iris:

There's no way to know the exact cause of death without a necropsy (animal autopsy performed by a vet). However it's likely that it was related to her birth defects.

Did you read my response in the other thread? It's important to try and find out if her problems were caused by a genetic problem or a non-genetic birth defect. Because if it's a genetic problem, her parents should not be bred again. A good rabbit vet might be able to help you.
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=16848&forum_id=16&jump_to=239323#p239323

I'm so sorry. Binky free, little baby

aw dat just made me cry again..

yeh, seems genetic, this is the mums first litter my sister bred up and she had lots of different sized babies and pucca (my rabbit) happened to be the smallest so we kept her (the others were pretty big). she hasnt passed anything so im not sure if its bacterial, if it was snuffles (or pasturella) wouldnt it have passed to the other rabbits by now? she lived with them for 4 months. so im guessing genetic, or i researcehd a bit and thought it could be Encephalitozoonosis, it matches loss of use of back legs, they were moving but she didnt use them unless had to,and unsteadyness. but not the head tilt or urine scald. it says the symptoms dont show sometimes and infected rabbits never show them sometimes so could be..

Im so sorry you lost little Pucca. Feel free to post something about her in our Rainbow Bridge thread. I wish we couldve helped in some way :(

Binky free little one.:bunnyangel: :rainbow::bunnyangel:

Aww that's sad..i'm verysorry for your loss :(

cheryl

Im so sorry you lost little Pucca. Feel free to post something about her in our Rainbow Bridge thread. I wish we couldve helped in some way :(
p

thank u, it is a v good idea. Pucca has joined the bridge

Latest posts

Back