Please pray for my Tori Girl

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rottiegirl25

Reaction score
My Tori girl started acting funny a couple days ago by going off of her food. Its been really hot here so we thought at first it was that. Then yesterday she started having milky like puss and blood coming from her behind. We have lost two dogs to pyometria in the past one was our first rottweiler when i was ten. and the other was another rottweiler about ten years ago. so we know how it presents unfortunatly. I called a vet this morning cause she isnt doing to good and he said she need surgery which we already knew but her said its going to cost between 500 and a 1000 dollers and we just dont have that kind of money my mom is on disability and i am pending. we cant get care credit cause of bad credit and we have noone to help us. Im praying hard for an idea of how we can raise this boat load of cash quickly and im out if ideas. the vet wont even see her unless we have money to pay for the intial office visit and blood work. it will cost about 200 doller + to put her down and we cant even come up with that. Im devastated right now she i laying by my feet and im bawling my eyes out while writing this. the only thing we could come up with was to try once again to sell one of our other dogs toris youngest daughter but at most we'd only get about 400 for her. I dont want to lose the old gal she is such a good dog. We have her on antibiotics right now that is probably only going to buy us a couple of days though so pray for my old gal that we can find help somewhere!

I am sorry Tori is having to deal with having a pyo. I've worked in vet clinics and know how serious they are. Probably the onlygood thing is that it is an open pyo so some of the pus is draining, but still surgery is needed.

Here are some sources to look at for possible help. I'm not sure if any help in emergencies, but they might be worth looking at-

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/resources/tips/trouble_affording_veterinary_care.html

http://www.felinediabetes.com/vetbills.htm

You may even want to call your local animal welfare organization to see if there is anything in your area that will help with an emergency.

Pyometra can be prevented by spaying your female dogs. I think that I would go to a different vet and discuss spaying her. Do you have a low cost spay/neuter clinic near you? That would be a lot cheaper.

If you get her spayed and put on antibiotics she should be fine as long as you caught it early enough.

You cant just spay a female with pyometria it needs to be done right or the uterous ruptures and spills infection into the abdominal cavity. She went to the vet yesterday is currently on antibiotice we are awaiting the vet sendong paperwork to imom.org for finacial help for her

I hope you are able to get some help through IMOM so Tori can get taken care of (I used to have a lab named Torri).

The surgery is much more intensive than spaying a healthy dog so it's not really something most spay/neuter clinics would do. While the surgery is the same as a spay, as Stacey said there is a risk of the uterus rupturing plus the blood vessels are very engorged so it is longer surgery. You need to make sure the uterine stump that is left is free from any pus and infection or you will have some serious infection set in. Most dogs also require IV fluids and antibiotics because the pyometra puts a lot of bacteria into the bloodstream which effects the kidneys. Some dogs are in the hospital for several days. This is why it costs so much more.

Latest posts

Back