PLEASE POST AGE, BREED AND OTHER DETAILS IN ALL INFIRMARY THREADS

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipp

Reaction score
If you're posting about a sick bunny in the Infirmary, please provide the following:

IMMEDIATE INFORMATION:

Description (Breed, color, weight)

Sex

Concise Summary of the Rabbit's Condition:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION / CHECK LIST: (Please fill in relevant info).

Fecal and Urinary Output

- are the bunny's poops and pees normal?
- when did they last use their litterbox?
- any unusual behavior? straining to pee? unusual litter habits?
- what litter and/or bedding do you use?

Medical History

- spayed/neutered?
- has s/he been to the vet or been sick before?
- is s/he on any medications?

Diet

- what specifically does your bunny eat?
- when and what did s/he eat last?
- any changes in the way s/he eats? (ie: not eating a particular food, odd chewing motions, etc)

Other

- movement - any unusual movements? Is s/he hopping normally?
- is the rabbit molting?
- any weight loss?
- any sign of drooling? wet face?
- runny eyes?
- wet nose? coughing? sneezing?
- is s/he breathing normally

Additional

- any plants, chocolate or other substances within reach?
- has the rabbit been outdoors?
- any other pets? if so, have they been ill?

:construction

I wonder if there is any way that if someone wants to post a new thread in here, when they click 'new post' it automatically comes up with a questionnarie based on this sort of thing so that they can fill it in. Might make it easier and help more people comunicate the necessary info (just thinking that if you're in a panic you're not going to necessarily remember to post that info unless it's really in your face). Good idea though, the basic info needed is often so similar. Good thread :D

Breeders should mention hereditary problems that their rabbits of a lineage may be prone to.

A "family" medical history, so to speak.

Hello to whoever is able to give advice!

My rabbit Lucy lives in my room.

- Description (Breed, color., weight)

Dwarf Mix/ and unfortunatley from the store as I did not know any better. She was sold to me at three weeks old...

- spayed/neutered?
Spayed
- Notes on Fecal and Urinary Output
- are the bunny's poops and pees normal? In the two years Iv'e had her she has had diarreha twice, it was a smallamount and she left it on the carpet. The second time she had it was not to long ago also.
- When did they last use their litterbox? Very recent.
- Any unusual behavior? No.

- Medical History -- has s/he been to the vet or been sick before? Lucy had GI stasis once, after couple months of having her.

- Diet - what does your bunny eat? Free feed Sweet Meadows Farm Timothy First Cut Hay/ 1/3 cup Sweet meadows Timothy Pellets daily/ fresh water/and she dislikes all veggies.
- when and what did s/he eat last? Hay/Pellets

- movement - any unusual movements? Yes, but it is hard to describe it. Every now and then, I will see her squirming her body in a wierd position.Iv'e never seen my other rabbits do that, she just willbe squirming her body and bottom like maybe her stomach or bladder is having an issue?
- are there any plants, chocolate or other substances within reach? No completely bunny proof room.

- has the rabbit been outdoors? Never.

So my concern is this.... Lucywas a single rabbit untill I adopted Trig to bond with her approximatley 4 months ago.So Trig has been livingnext to her cage in my room. They are still in the process of bonding. Previously she had my whole room to roam and run when she pleased as she is potty trained well. So for the past 4 months she been cooped up in her cage (5 1/2 ft. long by 20in wide) so she's not suffering but anyway..... Iv'e noticed that she is bonier then normal, and just recently losing hair on the tip of her ears. She is eating normally, but I do not know if she is healthy enough to continue bonding. I know bonding is stressful for rabbits, so maybe I should stop bonding? I feel like maybe this is to much for her : (

Anyway I'm going to take her to the vet tomarrow and see what they think, but if anyone has thoughts/advice from here it would be appreciated! Thank you. : )

I prefer that the poster first supply a short, concise paragraph on the rabbit's condition - then fill out the health survey.

I completely avoid answering any infirmary questions where there is only a health survey supplied because it takes too much time to read the questions/answers and thenattempt to form a holistic schema of the health issue.

Just a suggestion ;)

Pam

I also want to suggest using a descriptive title: something like "HELP EMERGENCY OH NO!!!" doesn't tell us anything and won't attract the attention of someone with a lot of knowledge about a certain condition. For instance, if the title says "Bunny not pooping" you'll get people who have experience with that problem to read your thread.

Hello,

My name is Amy and I'm new in the forum. I live in Hollywood Florida and just adopted a bunny last week.

I've never owned a bunny but he was living in a neglectful situation and needed out fast!! He was living outside in a small cage with no litter or wire bottom so as you can imagine, he sat in his urine, feces and rain water for a long time. He was nearly starving when I brought him home a week ago.

I've kept him indoors with litter in the cage, a blanket to sleep on and plenty of feed, timothy hay and every day he gets either fresh mango (they are in season down here) or cabbage.

Now his paws are healing and his ears are up!! Yeah. But I still need to know how to care for him. My major concern are his paws/hocks. He had some dark crusty build up on all four. He's managed to clean the front paws and now they look pretty good.

I don't know his age but he's a white albino bunny, I guess called a Ware and he's an unaltered male.

Please give any advice that I could use on getting him back to good health.

Also, I had an allergic outbreak soon after bringing him home. I've tried changing his litter and bunny bath in the hopes that those things caused the outbreak instead of the bunny.

Does anyone have advice on living with a bunny allergy?

Thanks,

Amy:biggrin:

Can anyone help me please. I'm absolutely devastated as my 5yr old bunny died this week. I would love to know what actually happened to him.

Initially perfectly healthy but 2 wks ago he was chased by a cat and crashed into my leg as I went out the door. He was very sore and the vet gave him METACAM and penecillin for 5 or 6 days. He improved and I stopped the medication. A few days later he began drooling badly and there was an awful smell from his breath. The vet x-rayed him and found his jaw was injured and 3 back teeth were loose; gave him METACAM and SEPTRIN antibiotic. He seemed to be improving slightly but the his mouth got very sore, he was grinding his teeth hardand he wasn't able to eat one evening. I got up the following morning and found him dead having bled to death through his mouth.

I dont know if the grinding knocked out a tooth...or he was poisoned from an abcess...or the medication...or what. Is there any vet out there who could give me an answer please, I#d be very grateful.

Hi! Im jessica. i live in falmouth Michigan and I have 3 black dutch rabbits that are about 6 months old.:biggrin:I have two does and a buck. Dalila is accualy my sisters rabbit and has lost her top front tooth. I cant ffind an abses but im worried theother top tooth will over grow.:?wat should i do.

HELP! my rabbit lost her top front tooth. i cant find an abcess but am still worried about the other top tooth over growing. what can i do to have the tooth be grinded down

Sorry, you're posting in an area nobody will see, can you move it or repaste in the Infirmary?

I can't move it for you.

(The tooth should grow back fine, but post it there anyway).

sas

Wow! This site is awesome and full of stuff about rabbits, but I'm not sure I have time to figure it all out. I saw a post about a bunny that has an eye ulceration- My situation is just like hers except my bunny is just 6 weeks old. I'm just wondering where to get Acetylceysteine and how to get to that post??

Help! I have an albino holland lop, she is one. Her eyes water constantly, i took her to the vet, he said her eyes look fine, and that her teeth are fine. The drainage is clear, sometimes one eye stops watering and starts to look good, then it starts back up. I keep her cage clean, changed the bedding, soak her eyes with warm saline and nothing seems to help. She has no other symptoms, eats well, active, poop is normal! She gets spring mix 2-3 times a day, unlimited timothy hay and 1/4 cup of pellets daily. Any ideas or suggestions?

Christine

Gizmo is a five year old male. lionhead not neutered, is black and white and has never has this problem before. His cage is plastic and he eats timothy hay and is litter trained. He has never been an active rabbit but he is drinking water and is peeing normally. He has never been to a vet for being sick. He has always been very healthy.

Gizmo is a five year old male. lionhead not neutered, is black and white and has never has this problem before. His cage is plastic and he eats timothy hay and is litter trained. He has never been an active rabbit but he is drinking water and is peeing normally. He has never been to a vet for being sick. He has always been very healthy.

Latest posts

Back