Please please, I need help, help my lovely Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icilymiss

Reaction score
Dear All,

I have a very lovely bunny Rong Rong almost 1 years old, last Friday night when I was trying to hold her, she jumped but didn't land well, it was not high, but her
left leg bone is kind of out. I took her tovet did x rayon Saturday, it is hip located. I cried a lot, now she can't stand up, can't lie down, but she still lick my hand, still use her litter box.:cry1:

I already spent $500 on xray and painkiller without doing nothing. I am right now looking for the surgeon who had experience of FHO surgery for rabbit. I already knew those good vet in Toronto... but there is not a lot surgeons have experience, the surgery is gonna cost $1500-3000, and I tried to call other vet, either they say make appointment blah blah.. they don't accept new client or need to go through the whole exam again. Please help me, if you know some one who can do this surgery, or contact number, please refer to me, Thank you.

Here is Rong rong's album, don't if you can see it, i don't know how to insert pic yet.

https://cid-1750f5639b959a78.photos.live.com/browse.aspx/%E6%88%91%E7%9A%84%E5%B0%8F%E5%8F%AF%E7%88%B1?wa=wsignin1.0&sa=117146684

If you can get to Bremerton, WA, the All Creatures Animal Hospital can help you. Their number is 360-377-3801. Dr Little can do the surgery.

My male rabbit, Prince, broke his right rear leg back in May of this year. Dr Little fixed Prince's leg, it cost a little over $2,000.

All Creatures is a very nice place and they care about animals, plus Dr Little is very knowledgeable in rabbits.

Hope you bun gets better soon!

Is it broken or dislocated? If it's dislocated I would have thought they would knock her out so she's relaxed and then manipulate it back in - in which case that seems a little expensive when they are basically using the same amount of drugs as for a neuter.

If it's broken then it may be worth discussing amputation. Rabbits cope really well on three legs and sometimes it's a better and less expensive option than pining which doesn't always work and has a slower recover period.

The recovery period for pining, if the leg is broken is 8 weeks. That is because the bone has to remake itself with calcium, and it takes the bone that long to heal.

If it is dislocated you may want to see if you can find someone who can relocate it. A friend of ours is a surgeon that has a dog with a bad hip--he's always putting it back. A chiropractor might be able to help you out. One of our rabbits shattered her back leg and we couldn't afford the $1880 to have it amputated plus I was going in for surgery and couldn't take care of her. It was the most horrid choice we've ever had thrust on us. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back