Please help!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katieml22

Reaction score
My neutered male rabbit has been ripping the fur off my other spayed female rabbit's face. It is obviously painful to her, but she just sits there and let's it happen. I have tried separating them for some time, but when they're together he continues to do it. What should I do??

Try separating them with a gate or Nic grid where they can see but cant touch each other then reintroduce them slowly- you might have to get a spray bottle to startle him when he does this to her and hopefully deter him from doing it again.

My neutered male rabbit has been ripping the fur off my other spayed female rabbit's face. It is obviously painful to her, but she just sits there and let's it happen. I have tried separating them for some time, but when they're together he continues to do it. What should I do??

I had the same problem with two of my girl buns. Took me 3 years, but I eventually bonded them, I don't think people normally take that much time to try and bond their buns, but mine was out of necessity. What finally worked was building an entirely new habitat for all the buns to live that was not "owned" by another bun, and then threw them all together and watched, mind you I have stress bonded, kept separate cages, have a dog run, done visitations, used squirt bottles, loud noises, treats etc over 3 years...this was the only thing that finally worked. My girl bun, Nanners, is a very territorial bun and the other girl bun, Ziggy, is super submissive. You would think this combo would work out well...nope.

I realize getting a whole new set up might not be realistic, but if it is, try it. In the meantime, put them in the bathtub (no water) without a towel, and place them both in it. In my experience, they huddle together for comfort in a new environment. Only do this for a few minutes a day, it's too stressful for any longer than that, and wait to see if there are any new behavioral changes. Don't leave them by themselves, keep watch so there is no fighting, or trying to jump out of the tub. Hope you get those buns to get along soon, I feel ya, I've been there!

Latest posts

Back