please help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black_jack

Reaction score
I have jsut noticed that the fur under jacks eyeis puffy and that he is squinting. Does anyone know what thismight be?

Is it discharge has the fur gone matted a fewbunnies have that at my school if they have bad teeth they will havebad eyes i hope i was help lol gd luck hope he will get better soon XX

Hi

I would definately take him to the vet. Eye infections and upper jawinfections can present with a bulging eye. Rabbits can put up with alot before they look distressed so its always better to take them tothe vet. Hope he is better soon.:)

ND

Hot-pack his eye (if he will let you) while you wait for your vet appointment. Hoping your bun will be ok.

Hugs!

his eye seems dry there are no excess tears andhe is happy to eat. When I say dry, it looks a little too dryits squinted and not as bright as the other one. Vets wereclosed when i noticed it last night. I have no way of gettinghim there today but hetti is booked in tomorrow should i see if can tagalong when we pick her up in the evening?

i've got my friend taking me so i feel a totalpain but i would feel horrible if there was something really wrong andi made him wait. His eye seemed a bit better this morning butthen when i gave him a banana flake he had to close it again :0(

Quick update.

Took Jack to the vet last night after thinking i wouldnt make it,friend stood me up so my mum in law had to abandon her evening to bailme out bless her.

Anyway, the very nice vet lady was brilliant.

She said that it is definately inflamed although its strange there isno weeping. We have got some eye drops that Iamstruggling to administer but i think i got them in this morning.

If we dont see an improvement in a week we may have to go back and get his tear duct flushed as it may be blocked?

That or a cracked tooth but she didnt seem to think so.

Found out I am feeding them the right amount of food but that Ishouldnt be giving as much dried banana as I am apart from that I thinkim a good bunny mum.

Really relieved I took him.

Thanks for all your help xx

Will be thinking and praying for you and thelittle one, Black_Jack. Please let us know how he's doinglater on today or tomorrow.

-Carolyn

:(noticed after putting in a drop this morning that the fur above his eye is missing :(

I tried to put another drop in at lunch and it keeps going just abovehis eye :(i am such a bad bunny mum. gotta pick hetti upeither today or tomorrow so may speak to the vet about the fur..thatdoesnt seem right?

black_jack wrote:
:(noticed after putting in a drop this morningthat the fur above his eye is missing :(

I tried to put another drop in at lunch and it keeps going just abovehis eye :(i am such a bad bunny mum. gotta pick hetti upeither today or tomorrow so may speak to the vet about the fur..thatdoesnt seem right?

AW! Honey, don't call yourself a bad bunny moom!You are NOT! (Don't mean to yell, but don't be so hard onyourself). :p You've never had to put drops in his eyesbefore, so this, being the first few times, will be a littledifficult. You'll get the hang of it, and you'll be an ol'pro. Have you tried getting behind him and standing him up onhis back legs with his back pressed into your chest? That ishow my vet showed meto giveShorty his drops (ofmeds). Don't beat yourself up. You ARE a GREAT babywabbit's mamma! You noticed his sick eye, right?Keep us posted. I'll be thinking of you and your bun-bun :D

Hugs! SHorty & Star

You should be veryproud of yourself that you noticed this problem and got your bunny tothe vet right away. I can't imagine trying to get drops in a bunny'seye! I've had to do it with kids and it was a nightmare!:shock:

Raspberry

Kricket is right...it'll take some time gettingthe hang of it....we had to get the hang of how to get Corky's medsdown him...crushing the pill and getting it into the syringesomehow...first I tried with his slush food...too chunky...wasn't sureI was getting enuff down him...2nd time I tried mixing it with waterand had mixed it with WAY too much and I figured he'd float away! LOL!.....bout the 3rd day we figured it out...and we musta got enuff downhim the other times as he's doing very well!

Don't be so hard on yourself...you DID catch the bad eye..you are a great bunny mom!

Latest posts

Back