Please Help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

love4bunnies

Reaction score
I just bought a Netherland Dwarf buck and doe with their 4-4 week old babies.

The lady brought them to me but didn`t tell me that the doe was expecting again.

I guess her next door neighbour`s boy let them out of the cage and i guess they bred before the owner caught them and put them back in.

She is big but not sure when she is due.

What should i do?Will she kill her litter she has now?

HELP PLEASE.

She is likely due rather soon.
I would wean her kits, and give her a box.

Make sure her kits have free access to hay and a good quality pellet. Watch them for poopy butt. I don't generally don't wean until 6 weeks and up, but a lot of meat producers wean that early. Just have to watch the babies a little more carefully.

Put the babies in another cage - they will probably be ok if they're already munching on hay and stuff. I currently am raising by hand a baby whose mama rejected him - he's on day 25 and he's doing fine in a cage by himself. (I am formula feeding him).

You can always use the formula recipe from here if you feel they need formula - my little guy drinks it up:

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=57630&forum_id=8

Thanks very much.:) I did see them eating some but just got them today so left them in with their mom tonight but will check them again tommorrow.I put a nest box in with her.
Thanks again.:)

No she wouldnt kill her babies she has now, but her 4 week old babies in a different cage when your doe starts nesting.

Sorry forgot to update.
The doe had 2 dead babies on the wire yesterday morning.:(
I didn`t think she was that close to having them but i had a nest box in anyway and i didn`t move the older ones.
Was going to move them yesterday in to there own cage.
My friend has the mom and the babies and the father now.She really wanted them and i knew they were not the breed for me.:(I love my Holland Lops.:)
I thank everyone that gave me advice.

That's an awful lot of moving around of a rabbit and she was probably extremely stressed and had the two dead ones.... and even more stress about moving AGAIN.

Sorry to hear the new litter didn't make it. I'm surehaving to care forthe old litter, plus the move to your place was stressful on her.

I'm glad you found someone that will appreciate the Nethies... I hope they are happy in their new home. That doe needs a little break from breeding. 2 litters back to back can really affect her condition and health.

Latest posts

Back