please help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RABBIT#1

Reaction score
how long should it be before I clean my rabbit's cage? I mean actually scrub it down and stuff.

Also, how should I do it. Thanks.

RABBIT#1

It just depends on how messy she is. I usuallychange my boys litter boxes 3-4 times a week and clean out the cagecompletely once a week.

First, I use a little hand broom to sweep out any stray poops/hay.Next, I use a solution in a spray bottle of half white vinegar and halfwater. I spray everything down and wipe it out.

Works great!

PS..did she ever get treatment for those worms?

I used to clean out Cocoa's cageevery week, but now I'm doing it every other week. I feltlike I was wasting too much bedding before, because the Carefresh isnot cheap!

I would say every week or every other week you should clean the cagecompletely. I use the vinegar/water for the cage but I useregular antibacterial soap for his toys, food bowl, and waterbottle. Just make sure to rinse everything really well aftercleaning it off!

:bunny16

Yeah I doa big clean out of theirhouse every Saturday, once a week should be enough, but the dirtybedding/litter trayswould definitely need cleaned out atleast once a day I think.:)

Michaela and the girls:brownbunny:brownbunny:brownbunny

Heh thats funny. I clean my bunnies out everysaturday aswell. Do we all spend our saturdays cleaning thebunnies out? :D

I give my hutches a proper good clean every week, and change the littertrays twice a week, because they tend to poop everywherewhentheir out in thegarden and not in their hutches/runs.

I have a litter tray in the corner of my garden though that I clean outevery other day. Pepper alwasy goes out in the garden firstin the mornings, and when ever I let her down her ramp into the garden,she runs over to the litter tray and has a really long pee lol:DIts as if she has been holding it in all night.She is a very clean bunnie. I am very lucky! lol

I clean my bun's litter boxes everyday, along with washing water and food dishes.

I vacume their cages and wash all their toys and blankets twice a week.I have asthma and seeing as they live in my bedroom it can get quitedusty from all the hay.

Latest posts

Back