Please help my bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you going to take them to the vet
if not and they are poopingnormally ..I would probably push hay but don't change too much of anything else. If you give a lot of pellets I would cut it down.

The problem is is that we really don"t

know what's wrong with them? :?

Just got back from the vets. He said Dawn doesn't feel 'too bad' (which obviously means he doesn't feel completely normal, but doesn't feel awful). He said Hope is feeling much better than he was.

Given that everyone is acting like normal, we are going to go with metacam and gas meds and see if that sorts it.

Hope is still booked in for his spurs to be filed down on Monday and the whole trio are going, so if there is anything a miss, then hopefully they should see it.

Thank you all for your kind words and guidance.

I just spoke to Tracy - Her buns are still the same :(

hope everything works out:clover::thumbup

Oh goodness! I just saw this and I am so sorry I didn't before!

Tracy, I hope the bunnies are ok.... and I hope you are doing well! I miss talking to you! :hug:

Sorry. I didn't thinkthere was anything morethat I could say and I didn't realise people would still post :| I haven't had any e-mail notifications telling me people had.I just signed in to check out Polly's vienna babies and glanced through here and was surprised to see my thread high, so I'm sorry about that.

There has been no change in them. Like angieluv said, you don't know what's wrong with them, which means there is very little you guys can suggest, and that's ok.

I'm over the initial shock now and just dealing with whatever it is I have to face. Currently they are all eating, drinking, pooing, weeing and just being incredibly lively and very normal. Hope had he spurs operated on this week and came round really fast, so his metabolism is working fast despite looking as he does.

I'm sure it will all work out fine, sorry for ignoring the thread, I just thought it was done with.

Thanks loads,

Trace
x

(PS, BoB I've been thinking of your niece recently. I hope things go ace over the next coming weeks).

And I've edited this about a gazillion times to try and make it not sound rude or anythingso I'm sorry if it does.

Flashy why don't you post a pic of the most swollen rabbit..that might help.

If they are acting fine I just have no clue what it could be??????????????:)

Everytime I go to reply, I almost click report, so I am sorry, in advance, if I accidently report anyone. I'm just a creature of habit.

I have taken some pics, they are not wonderful, but they do illustrate the issue. My 'model' Hope is not best pleased given I followed him around with a 'flashing thing' and then cut his nails after. Even banana hasn't stopped me from getting three butts in a row (Dawn, Hope and Sunny in a line).

I can't upload them now, but I'll try later.

Me and the vet have talked about this at length and whilst everyone is normal we are not going to do anything, but the second anyone goes a bit wonky we will spring into action. Probably starting with scans, I think he said. I am pushing hay and have been restricting pellets but am now increasing them to normal level.

I have done a lot of analysing as to what it could be, and the food is obviously one option, they also had a very ripe (but not over ripe or rotten) banana whereas normally they get yellow with no bits of brown on the outside, which may have unsettled them.

I'll post the pics when I can.

Thanks for the reply. :)

Tracy, you didn't sound rude, don't worry!

I'm sorry to hear that there's been no change in them.... it must be so frustrating to not know what's wrong with them. It must be a good sign that they're all eating etc still though?

Thinking of you, I really hope they improve soon! :hug:

Latest posts

Back