Please help me identify my bunny's breed!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgtshamrock

Reaction score
Hi all, new here, I was hoping someone could help me identify the breed of my bunny. First a little background, my daughter and I purchased this little guy about 5 months ago, we know nothing of his history although we do know he is a dwarf and he is a male. I have done some resaerch and I think he may have some Tan in him. Anyways, I was hoping to tap in to the knowledge of Rabbits Online for some help. Here is "Fu Fu" in all his glory...

004.jpg

001.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

Sorry if the pic quality is not the greatest, Thank you all!

Any idea what his weight is? He might be a mix, but he could also be a purebred Netherland without the dwarf gene. This is very common because of the way the genetics work (1 dwarf gene= breed standard, 2 dwarf genes= dead/dying baby, 2 nondwarf genes= nondwarf/not to breed standard).

hes not a tan. Tans have fire red undersides. He looks like a Black Otter Britannia Petite honestly.

How is his disposition?

Heres a picture of a brit for comparison.
otterdoe1.jpg

Thank you all for the responses!
@Naturestee, he's about 2.5 pounds, I am most positive he's a dwarf.
@woahlookitsme, I think you might have nailed, thank you! He is a very inquisitve bunny, likes to inspect everything and get into everything. He's very happy too, always doing the "happy bunny dance" both in his cage and out. He also love to be petted and chases our cats around.

Again, thank you all for the fast and helpful responses!

No problem. Every brit is different. do some research on the breed My Rocky tolerates handling and loves doing binkies. He is a very quick little rabbit so he rarely gets to run loose because it takes me two hours just to catch him lol. But he loves being petted and getting attention
Heres the club website
http://www.britanniapetites.com/

Latest posts

Back