Please help all breeders

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tessie

Reaction score
It has been 26 hours since my girl had babies .

She still has more I can see them rolling around and she has blood in her pee in her litter box. I have a call into the Vet he is on afarm run,but he hasn't see many rabbits but does all the surgeries .

Tessie, I don't want to sound rude, but please try not to make several more new threads about your doe. Just post the question in the threads you already have. ;) It gets really confusing trying to follow 3 threads about the same situation. ;) Breeders will get to your other threads, but you can't expect everyone to be on at the same time. ;)

If you've called a vet, then that's the best thing you can do for right now. ;) Just don't bug her too much, but keep a close eye on her.

Emily

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
Tessie, I don't want to sound rude, but please try not to make several more new threads about your doe. Just post the question in the threads you already have. ;) It gets really confusing trying to follow 3 threads about the same situation. ;) Breeders will get to your other threads, but you can't expect everyone to be on at the same time. ;)

If you've called a vet, then that's the best thing you can do for right now. ;) Just don't bug her too much, but keep a close eye on her.

Emily

Iagree with not posting new threads all the time. But since only for Breeders I really need pro advice.

Sorry I will not make any new post about my rabbit:)

Tessie wrote:
BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:

Emily

Iagree with not posting new threads all the time. But since only for Breeders I really need pro advice.

Sorry I will not make any new post about my rabbit:)

You can still get pro advice in your other threads. ;) Breeders will read them, you just have to give them time because like I mentioned before, not everyone is on.

And I didn't mean not to make any new posts about your rabbit, but when you have questions all about your babies, it's best to just stick to one thread, that way people don't get confused about what is going on. ;)

Emily

IS she looking happy? is she eating pooing and peeing? when did you last change her litterbox? Have you palpated her to see if you can feel any more babies? sometimes especially if its a small rabbit and they havent been eating so much while they go through delivery you can see movement along their sides. I have a couple I notice that in but its just gut movements.
You have done the best thing phoning the vets hopefully everything will be ok :)

polly wrote:
IS she looking happy? is she eating pooing and peeing? when did you last change her litterbox? Have you palpated her to see if you can feel any more babies? sometimes especially if its a small rabbit and they havent been eating so much while they go through delivery you can see movement along their sides. I have a couple I notice that in but its just gut movements.
You have done the best thing phoning the vets hopefully everything will be ok :)
Yes I called my vet he can't help since it is a rabbit.I change her litter box daily,and the movment is defanitly more babies.

when you say yes do you mean yes that you phoned the vet or yes that she is eating drinking pooing and peeing?or as debjane asked is she straining laying down a lot?

polly wrote:
when you say yes do you mean yes that you phoned the vet or yes that she is eating drinking pooing and peeing?or as debjane asked is she straining laying down a lot?
Yes to all your question No she is not straining I never saw her do that even with the first babies.I'm worriedis about the babies she still has in her.It has been 27hours since the first babies:(I replied about what my vet said. Please read all the replies on this thread.

Thankx

No more blood in her litter box:)

If she is behaving as normal and looking after her litter then it would be very surprising if she had any more babies in there. She would be straining to deliver them by now and be very tired.

If she has retained kits, call the vet back again, and see if they will administer a small dose of oxytosin. I forget the dosage. Maybe someone else here would know. She can't have too much or she might prolapse her uterus. Do you have any black raspberry's growing near your house? Feed her some raspberry leaves if you can. They are a natural stimulant that should help get things moving again.

A doe that is retaining her litter willbe extremely touchy and very grumpy. She would also sitting in the nest box,and act like she is straining. She may also go off her feed.

How is she doing now? Are you sure there are more kits and not just the uterine contractions from nursing her kits, which will stimulate the uterus to return to normal size. If she is no longer bleeding than perhaps she had retained a small piece of placenta. Even a very small piece can cause bleeding. If that passed then the bleeding will stop.

I woke up this morning and she is still pulling fur like crazy, she ate good and is very protective when I get near the cage and runs in hernest box.

If she is no longer bleeding then she is just protecting her babies which is normal and I wouldn't worry anymore. If she is still bleeding at this point she needs to go to a vet.

countrybuns wrote:
If she is no longer bleeding then she is just protecting her babies which is normal and I wouldn't worry anymore. If she is still bleeding at this point she needs to go to a vet.

No she is not bleeding anymore . She is acting normal other then still pullingfur .

Thanks to everyone

I have had does retain kits and show no outward symptoms (normal eating, drinking, and caring for kits already born)- that's why it's very important to be able to palpate.

Just because everything appears ok, doesn't necessarily mean that it is.

pamnock wrote:
I have had does retain kits and show no outward symptoms (normal eating, drinking, and caring for kits already born)- that's why it's very important to be able to palpate.

Just because everything appears ok, doesn't necessarily mean that it is.
Well I just checked her agian and small amount of blood in her liter box. i felt her bottom and she has no blood on her. Is it normal for her to still be pulling fur? I swear i'm not just seeing things I turned on the bedroom light and looked with a flashlight (she is black so it is hard to see)I can still see rolling in her belly, like close to her ribs. That is where I saw the fist babies moving. I have a blackberry tree is that what I am suppose to give the leaves from ? I also have parsley that I give her.

Have you tried to palpate her? I had a retained kit in one of my last litters and I thought it was quite easy to feel although I have no experience. Having said that she did appear uncomfortable and the kit was born dead about 10 hours after the first three.

Back