Please answer my questions about my new bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasMari

Reaction score
I just brought home a holland lop doe and after comparing her to my holland lop buck I have a few ?'s.

This is not my rabbit, but this pic will help as an example.

OliveonChair.jpg

This is what my buck's back looks like, he really looks hunched over.

This is not mine either, again I'm just using a pic for an example.

This is what my new girl's back is looking like. No hump.

52684dad.jpg

She is also slightly larger than my buck, better fed ( I just got my boy bunny the other day and he was way underfed.) and older, slightly from what I was told.

So here goes my questions:1. I got these two from different places so do you think the differences in the arch of the back could mean the doe is a mini lop instead of a holland lop? (which would explain why she is larger than him) 2. Do the boys always look hunched over compared to the girls? 3.Do you think that they are just sitting differently? 4. Would you consider me to be slightly paranoid?

That last ? is just a joke we all know I'm more than slightly.:ph34r2

The boy might of been born like that or just because he had an accident.

Anne thanks so much for the awesome link! This is the best info on holland lops Iv'e seen. I love it.
:pink iris::pink iris:
I also think I figured out my problem, the female may be slightly longer in body.

The doe is also not posed correctly, so it's hard to compare the two. He may look different once he fills out a bit.

lyeah that black otter looks a bit narrow but his head is nice. . . But i do like your little black doe, she looks like my black doe(other than yours has to have better manners than mine) her back and everything looks the same. Skye does show very well, in black senior does(Specialty) she only lost to a different one because she didn't sit in pose longer. so best of luck to you!

Latest posts

Back