Playing or angry?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcottonl02

Reaction score
Just now Benny was inside and hopping around, and I was on the computer and he ran up to me and nudged my feet a few times, wanting to play and have strokies. So I got off the computer and lay on the floor and scratched his cheeks and ears, and he started to purr (in the bunny way).

There was a sock on the floor- it must have fallen out of the washing basket as my mum brought it downstairs or something, and so I picked it up and began to run it along the floor backwards and forwards next to Benji, thinkihng he might like to play with it.

He loves to play with paper and little things that he can toss into the air and throw around, so I thought he might like this.
He placed both his hands on it and shoved it away, how they do, so I thought he was playing. Then he started to growl (only really short and relatviely quiet) and sort of lunge but not with much force towards the moving sock.

Was he playing? Or just saying 'Get that **** sock away from me!!!!'

Thanks
Jen

There's a similar thread around here that I started for Tony..... same thing but a blankie.

He's playing "mean bunnay"...

Nibbles did this a lot when she was still a wild "teen" bun. She was really big on digging, and her favorite thing was to go after some old bedsheets that I gave her - she seemed to love the texture and the "Zzzzzip!!!" sound that her nails and teeth made on the material. I would lie down next to her while she was attacking the sheet (or, sometimes, towel or blanket) and she would knock herself out digging and rearranging it. She seemed to really enjoy my gently pulling the sheet back once she'd got some of it pulled and dug a few feet out (not easy to describe in words), and would make all kinds of grunty/oinky sounds (happy ones) when she was doing this - could go on for half an hour or more at a time.

(She still digs on fabric, but not nearly as often - I really miss this game!)

lol my buns love rearranging towells etc!!!! It is so funny. But I have never had them playing games like that (that I know of!!) except today.

Lol they were rather honky noises he made when he was playing with the sock hehe but I just wasn't sure they made those noises when they were happy too!!!

Lol thats good- more sock games for my buns then!!!

ec- your bun sounds like a darling. what a right personality!

Aww...sounds so cute...Benny doing that...

I just love when they're really into playing and aren't really noticing the world around them...:)

I think the more you hang out with them on the floor, the more games you'll discover... At least, that's pretty much how it's been for me. Nibbles has always been big on oiking/honking sounds - usually when she's happy and excited, rarely when she's upset. (Though i have heard her cry very softly when she's been frightened.) And you're right about her - she's little (only 3 lbs.) but has a huge personality. :)

Your buns sound like they're very sweet and cheeky, too - full of bunny mischief! :D

lol my buns love rearranging towells etc!!!! It is so funny. But I have never had them playing games like that (that I know of!!) except today.

Lol they were rather honky noises he made when he was playing with the sock hehe but I just wasn't sure they made those noises when they were happy too!!!

Lol thats good- more sock games for my buns then!!!

ec- your bun sounds like a darling. what a right personality!

Bo of course loves to fluff blankets.

He also LOVES (and thinks I am playing a game) to come up and yank the stack of towels or wash cloths I have just folded. :bangheadand I let him.

Tony plays "bullfighter" with a blankie and does the growling thing and pounces on it.

Clover just hikes up and acts like a mean bunny..

Oh yes it's very much like a bullfighter thing- but with a sock. That's exactly how to explain it lol!!!
Good- I can play more then. i thought if I carried on then i might just be aggrivating him or something, which would be awful, but if he is just playing then great!!!

The growling/honking he was doing was a different sort of noise to his grumpy growl, but I just assumed it meant the same thing! Well you learn something knew about bunnies every day!

......I might try that blankie game!!!!!!

Lol okay dokay thanks for the tip- will make sure to keep all toes and fingers etc. out the way!!!!!

Latest posts

Back