Playing Favorites...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenk

Reaction score
Parents are supposed to say that they love all of their children equally. I was an only child, so my parents didn't need to lie. ;)

Over time, I started to notice that my husband clearly favors our Emma. Our other two bunners arecute, feisty and loving in their own right; but Emma holds complete sway over Dear Hubby. I can't quite put my finger on it, although I'm guessing it's because she's the smallest and most-opinionated of our crew.

I tell myself that I love them all equally. In truth, I feel my heart swell for a different bun at different times, while loving all three of them 24/7. :D (Does that make sense?)

So which bun do you (and your loved one) prefer and why? (Don't worry: We promise not to judge you for it. ;))

Jenk

All mine get what they need, when they need it, but in my heart Sky, Badger and Summer (as well as Moon, RIP) are there very much more strongly, but they will never be as strong as Flash was.

My parents like Summer and Badger, but I know my dad hasbeen working on winning ALL the buns over with a bit of briery. My dad is also very close with Cloud, and was absolutely smitten by Moon, and gutted when she died.

Despite the fact I have those that are closest to me, none of the others suffer, and they are all treated the same and get what the need at any given point. (felt the need to say that, lol).

There are always soem that take more of a hold on your heart than others and I should know with the amount I have lol!! I have a few that for different reasons have a very firm place in my heart and Bruce is the same though he tends to have different ones to me. I also think sometimes certain buns will respond better to one person or another :)

Scooter is definately Daddy's girl and Sparky is more connected with me.

I have only had Miss Emma for a month, so I can't say that I dislike her, but I definitely love Toby more. He was my first rabbit and is always going to be my heart-bunny. I like Emma, but I tend to focus more of my time, energy to Toby. Emma is still scared of us, but I am willing to give her a chance.

Will hates them both. At times, he hates them, but for the most part they are either in neutral or positive standings with him. He loved Berry-Boo, and she knew it! She had him wrapped around her little claw. All she would have to do is pick up her dish or lay by it and stare at it, and Will would be up and getting her veggies! He doesn't do that with the other buns! Heck, he doesn't even do that for me!

Of the two rabbits we have, I think he likes Toby better. Emma is terrified of him. Well, she wouldn't be if he made an effort to sit on the floor with her and let her climb all over him. *shrug* He is just always going to be that way, I guess!

I have to admit that I like Tobi just a bit less than Nick and Amelia. Maybe because N&A were my first bunnies, or maybe because Tobi is a bit aggressive where the other two are not, or maybe because she doesn't much like me either, I don't know.

She is definitely bonded with Jason, though. I was fine with Tobi being a foster, adopting her out then taking in another foster. Jason would have none of that, though, and has insisted that she stay with us forever. *shrug*

I don't really DISlike her, though.

Oh - all three of us here definitely have our favorites. Its obvious that Art's favorite was Puck while he was still alive and now it is Billy Sunny and Puck's daughter (for her looks - she reminds him of Puck).

Robin likes Barry and Darla-mouse (the one we adopted from the pet store) - a son of Miss Bea's - and a few others maybe.

Me? Miss Bea is my favorite....along with Wedge and Liberty (both are wry neck bunnies) and I like Harriet - who is my forever-disapproving bun (Art also likes him a lot).

Of course Zeus is at the top of the list too - actually - he's on his own list to be honest with you.

I think its normal to favor certain bunnies for one reason or another...as long as they all get what they need though - along with a bit of love...I think they're happy.

Morgan is my favorite and my heart bunny :hearts. Ryan isn't really a "bunny guy" even though Brody is "his bunny"...but Brody is his favorite. Ryan is more into our dog, Sammy.

I feel like I have to say Nibbles but I only properly knew Nibbles for the last couple of years so somehow I feel closer to Dippy. I've known him since he was tiny winy and he is so affectionate and has a nicer temper than the other bunners.

Don't get me wrong I love all my bunnies equally but in different ways, they get the same amount of time spent with them, same amount of money etc. This is a hard thread lol!!

slavetoabunny wrote:
Scooter is definately Daddy's girl and Sparky is more connected with me.

That's what I say about Emma (to my husband): "You're such a Daddy's girl." :D

I've silly nicknames for all four of our animals, but I've devised the most for Zoe, which, in a way, shows my favoritism. :whistling

kherrmann3 wrote:
Will...loved Berry-Boo, and she knew it! She had him wrapped around her little claw.
Did Berry-Boo find a new home, then? :( I'm partial to the Mini Rex breed and, so, felt quite the (long-distance) affection for her. If I could've handled a third female MR, I'd have driven to WI to get her--honest! :D

I have only had Addie for about 2 months, but she has completely stolen my heart!

Matthew however, is just in love with Splinter.

Theyboth get their love :)

Jenk wrote:
kherrmann3 wrote:
Will...loved Berry-Boo, and she knew it! She had him wrapped around her little claw.
Did Berry-Boo find a new home, then? :( I'm partial to the Mini Rex breed and, so, felt quite the (long-distance) affection for her. If I could've handled a third female MR, I'd have driven to WI to get her--honest! :D
She found her forever-home back at the end of December. She found a couple who were OK with her being mostly free-reign and she terrorizes their home now! ;) She was somebun special. That's for sure! ;) I know a lot of people on here would have loved to have her!

kherrmann3 wrote:
She found her forever-home back at the end of December. She found a couple who were OK with her being mostly free-reign and she terrorizes their home now! ;) She was somebun special. That's for sure! ;) I know a lot of people on here would have loved to have her!

I'm happy for her, yet still somewhat sore that I couldn't bring her to live with me. ;)Your stories about her remind me of my Zoe; I knew that I could appreciate another feisty bun, such as herself.

It's really hard to say they are both so loving and give me kisses all the time. But what I know is that Flash appreciates things more then Soph considering his previous homes. They're both my boys!

Like Jenk said, my heart swells with love for all three of my bunnies. I tell each of them that they're the cutest, smartest, sweetest bunny ever when I'm holding/playing with them, and honestly believe it! I don't think I love one bunny more than the others, but my boyfriend says I favor Rory. Maybe it's because he was a shelter bunny and he doesn't give his love as freely, so I indulge him more? I don't know. I would never be able to pick between my three living bunnies.

Of course I love all three of my bunnies equally, but I would say I have a stronger bond with Princess and she with me. She's the bunny that will come running and jump into my lap when she sees me and will groom me. Thumper is more of a 'look but don't touch bunny', he isn't cuddly and will tolerate being petted and handled but you can tell he doesn't really enjoy it, just tolerates it. I'm not sure yet what kind of relationship I have with Misty since I only have her a few days but I don't think we will ever have a really strong bond.

Latest posts

Back