plastic and bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beans_mommy

Reaction score
hello myname is Donna and i am a new bunny owner--jellybeans (15wks)--and just wanted to share a story and makeothers really aware of the dangers of plastic wire ties andbunnies.......we went camping last week and naturally jelly beans(beansfor short) came with us, she would sit in her cage and adore theoutdoors and run on her harness when let out...well someonein another camp site had inadvertantly left a wire tie on theground outside her cage (think its a girl anyway) beans had managed toget it around her neck somehow in going over to sayhello and give some love to her i noticed shelooked very strange upon further inspection i discoved theplastic wire tie......each time she moved and bucked while i was tryingto get it off it would tighteni yelled to my husband to help"beans is dying helpme pleaseee!!!!" he ran over and had no luck either by thistime she was lifeless finally my husband was able to get the tie offwithout further injury to her neck............she was still lifelessand gone i was in tears so myhubby being the good natured and loving man that heis gave beans mouth to mouth and cpr took bout 5-6breaths when he noticed she had exhaled on her own althostill unconcious she was breathing so we wrapped her in asweatshirt to try and prevent shock from setting in...bout minute latershe opened her eyes and looked around we let her rest allwrapped up in the shirt and within an hour she was up on herfeet again....we thought for sure she would havehad some sort of brain damage but im happy to saybeans is back to jelly beaning wherever she goesLOL she is happy and heathly with no side effectsat all.......so to all of u out there the stupidest littlestthing could end ur bunnys life just like that soplease beware!!!! thanks

Whoa....glad he's ok!!

my brother's bunny did that once with a piece of string. It was so scary! We found him just in time.

Rose

YEs i agree!! Congrats to your husband for the cpr. Thats an amazing story!

Phew! :shock: That was a CLOSE one!

So glad that this story had a happy ending.

Kudos to your husband. I don't know many men who would give a bunny mouth to mouth resuscitation. :)

Wow!

So glad your husband didn't give up on her.

Sounds like you married the right man.

Thanks so much for sharing this with us, beans_mommy. By theway, I love the name you picked: "beans". So cute!

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back