Plantain or plantain leaves

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raspberry82

Reaction score
I'm told plantain is beneficial for the immune system and has some benefit for rabbits dealing with inflammation. But I can't seem to find it anywhere. Any ideas? I'm not clear on if this is referring to plantain (the fruit/banana relative) or plantain leaves.

:ponder:

good question...I would think the fruit would be safe since it's similar to a banana BUT it also has a lot of starch (like a potato) which I know isn't good for rabbits...

I'm at an impass.

I know our local Wal-Mart has plantain, the fruit. Only place I've ever seen it personally, but I live in a pretty rural area.

I think I found info on this! Apparently Plantain it is a common weed that can be found in lawns and grassy areas, along driveways, etc. I remember trying to pull these suckers up from our gravel drive when I was a kid.. they spread like crazy! Had no idea they were edible to us or buns!

Can anyone confirm if this is the correct plant?

http://www.kingdomplantae.net/commonPlantain.php

:dutch

Hmmmm... I don't know, I guess I was thinking about the fruit, I didn't know there was a weed called that too. Now I'm lost too. :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back