Placement of Hay in Cage...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JimD wrote:
I would go with a cage with a NIC pen attached.
That way she could go out of her cage and use the pan in the pen.
I agree.What's rough is that I'll need to move the bunnies to another room to use that setup. We have a cat whoisn't the great hunter and actually likes the rabbits; still,I don't trust him entirely not to jump into Emma's enclosure and cause trouble during the night. And dwelling on that thought,I'd never sleep--unless the bunnies are behind a closed door again. (That means they'll have to be moved out of our dining room area and into what was supposed to be my office.*sigh*)

I can remember times when I had a bedroll made up between the bunnie cages so I could watch over a sickly bun.
They are our charges and need our unconditional devotion.

...hang in there!

Oh, my goodness. You've made me feel normal. :biggrin2: Thank you for that.

missyscove wrote:
Our Timmy has 2 litter boxes, one that he just sits in and the other that he uses. If we take out the one he sits in, he'll pee on the floor instead of using his boxes.
The things we do to satisfy the bunners amaze me.
At one time, I thought myself to be semi-bright; but I just can't seem to master Bunny Psychology 101. :(

According to my husband's testimony, Emma (since living separately from Zoe) has never used her cage litter box in a normal manner. But it seems that within the past 6-8 weeks, she's used it less and less--until reaching the point of not messing within it at all.

And, of course, then she stopped eating the hay placed in her cage's hay manger. But she'd still eat hay outside of her cage and that which fell onto the cage floor. :?

At one time, I thought myself to be semi-bright; but I just can't seem to master Bunny Psychology 101. :(
Ditto! If you ever do you will have quite a following I think.:bow

I spend so much time worrying about Penny and why did she get GI stasis in the past that I watch her everymove. Is she laying like that because her tummy hurts? Did she look really excited about getting her food? etc. :sigh:Being a bunny slave can make you a nervous wreck sometimes!:nerves1At least we have RO and this wonderful support group! Hang in there. :hug:

kirst3buns wrote:

I spend so much time worrying about Penny and why did she get GI stasis in the past that I watch her everymove. Is she laying like that because her tummy hurts? Did she look really excited about getting her food? etc. :sigh:Being a bunny slave can make you a nervous wreck sometimes!:nerves1At least we have RO and this wonderful support group! Hang in there. :hug:
OMG...Now I feel even more normal. :biggrin2: I do the exact same thing: watch my girls' every move to determine if what they're doing is good/ bad/ indifferent.

Latest posts

Back