PJ the Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TweedBunny

Reaction score
I was introduced to bunny love a few years agowhen a bunny family from the nearby desertwas pushed into aneighbors backyard due to new construction near my family'shome.The rabbits weren't wild though, they weredomestic and had possibly been escapees from someones house living inthe desert for awhile. The neighbors dog got ahold of mommy rabbit andall of the babies but one, which was far enough back in the burrow thedog couldn't get to it. My little brother found it andbroughtit home.It was so tiny, helpless, and cute- my maternal instincts kicked it and it became bunny love atfirst sight! His name became P.J. and from that time on,hehardly ever left my arms. He was very affectionate and would lick myface all over if I let him.I learned lots about bunnies inthat year; diet, circling, spraying, neutering... A year after we foundhim, he was out munching radishes in the garden and a dog got through 2fences and a screen that covered the garden, got ahold of P.J.,andbrokehis littleneck. He was stillalive, but gaspingwhen I found him.He died a fewminutes later. I was devestated. Isobbed for weeks and criedoften much longer than that.Just before he'd died,I'd ordered him alittle tuxedo, for he was to bethe'best man' at my wedding that month. Instead I ended upburyinghim in his little tuxedo.We planted grassand dug a halfway tunnel to his grave in case he ever wants to get out.A sleeping bunny statue also tops his grave and we keep fresh flowerson it too. Maybe I’m obsessed, but I loved him.

:sad:

I'm so sorry you lost him, you obviously cared an awful lot about him.:hug2:

What a lovely memorial, I would like something like that to remember my little Berri.

Again, I am so sorry.:(

Oh my...how sad.

I'm sure he knew you loved him though and he had a really good life with you - even if it was cut short.

Peg

This is P.J. -- By the way, I never knew whatbreed of rabbit he was. I always thought he was a dutch but I thinkthat was wrong. Does anyone know?

Enjoying the cold grass on my belly!

2lk8y8i.jpg

Kisses for P.J.

2ed62qb.jpg

Hedgehog?! or baby P.J.?!

40kc0ea.jpg

What a beautiful bunny he was! I especially love that baby picture of him...so cute!

Sorry, I don't know much about rabbit breeds, but someone else can probably tell you.

How sad that you lost him in such a devastating way :(

More pics of PJ. If anyone can help me out indetermining what kind of rabbit he was - or what mix he was, I wouldlove you forever!:inlove:

Baby PJ opening his christmas presents

49jsfv9.jpg

452hvk8.jpg

Baby PJ

43h9f5w.jpg

Older PJ trying to disguise himself as a shoe

42ukjlk.jpg

Aww, he was a great looking rabbit.

To me, PJ's markings reminds me of my Binky's. They also have similiarhead shapes. I tried to get Binky in the same pose as PJ in this pic.

43h9f5w.jpg

CIMG1386.jpg

Maybe this one is better to compare, excuse the lighting
CIMG1204.jpg

Not exactly alike, but PJ reminds me of Binky when i look at him. Maybesome netherland dwarf in him, and definetely another breed too since hehas such big ears.

Latest posts

Back