Pinworms and a Bladder Infection

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoneyPot

Reaction score
Honestly... why do I pay so much attention to my buns. I can only imagine that's why I am at the vet so often because seriously - they get spoiled rotten, they have the cleanest bedroom all to themselves, but still I am at the vet like once a month with at least one of them... if it's not for their teeth, it's for something else.

:rant:

Misty has a bladder infection. I noticed she is having very sludgy pee (she always has to some extent, but it's been worse lately). She's been acting a little funny, I saw some straining to pee and the other day there was a puddle of pee that was BRIGHT red and was swirly (like it wasn't red pee, it was yellow pee, with red liquid in it)... looked like blood to me.

So in we went today. The vet did an X-Ray and there are no bladder stones, but she agrees it sounds like blood in her urine (Misty emptied out her bladder before we left for the vet... how kind of her). So the vet is putting her on antibiotics for a bladder infection.

I also took in a baggy with 2 pieces of poop and 3 pinworms... so the vet sent it off for the fecal test anyway to check for any other parasites, but I'm getting the Invermectin today when I go pick up Misty.

The buns are going to hate me... more medication...

I think I am a bunny hypochondriac...

So.. the rundown..

Ivermectin - all rabbits - 08mg/ml various doses for all the rabbits. 3 treatments, one every 10 days. I asked the vet for extra so I can treat them for longer if I still see the worms.

Novotrimel - Misty- 48mg/ml. 1cc every 12 hours for 10 days!! That's going to suck. And she said this antibiotic will likely give her an upset stomach, so follow with critical care an hour after the antibiotic. This is just setting up Misty to hate me forever...

The bill - $350

How much did you get charged for the Ivermectin? You may be better off buying it at a feed store. I can get a bottle for $26 locally and it lasts forever. My vet actually recommended it, since it would cost me less that way.

:) She's doing ok. She really didn't have any symptoms except for the bood in her pee and the straining to pee... and the fact that she was peeing all over the place and in little dribbles.

Other than that she's bouncing around like normal. Thankfully the medication tastes good, and she thinks pumpkin and Critical Care with a touch of apple juice is a treat and she's the luckiest rabbit in the world...

:D

How's Rupert? That little dude really gave me a scare when I read your thread!

________
Nadia

Glad to hear she's doing okay! Rupert's doing much better, thanks :). He gave us an incredible scare, but thankfully we have a great vet. That's good that Misty likes her medication and Critical Care, that makes life a little easier!

HoneyPot wrote:
:) She's doing ok. She really didn't have any symptoms except for the bood in her pee and the straining to pee... and the fact that she was peeing all over the place and in little dribbles.

Other than that she's bouncing around like normal. Thankfully the medication tastes good, and she thinks pumpkin and Critical Care with a touch of apple juice is a treat and she's the luckiest rabbit in the world...

:D

How's Rupert? That little dude really gave me a scare when I read your thread!

________
Nadia

Latest posts

Back