Pineapple and papaya

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightPoet00

Reaction score
I've read that giving a rabbit pineapple juice orfeeding them small pieces of dried pineapple or papaya is good fortheir intestinal systems. How often should they have this? Winstonloves the dried papaya, but I don't want to overfeed him. Thanks!

Fresh pinepple juice. by the way.One/two small pieces of dried fruit per week should not hurt your bunand may help to keep things moving, although some claim it is reallynot effective.

Carolyn found that canned pumpkin, not fresh, was very helpful in eliminating her rabbit's blockage.

Buck

The best "intestinal scrub brush" is simply tofeed hay daily. A high fiber diet will do far more for GIhealth than any else.

Pam

Winston has unlimited timothy hay, but he doesn'tseem to eat much of it. I do see him nibbling, but he'll clean up hisveggies and pellets first and then sort of just pick at the hay. Howcan I encourage him to eat more hay?

Stitch wouldn't eat much of her hay either what Idid was filled her hay box with Hay and took her food away for a coupledays she did eat it of course she had no choice but now I put pelletsin and Hay and she eats both

Marie

I think dried papaya works. Just a little piece twice a week.
Every time I give him papaya, I see strings in his droppings the next day.

i wasnt sure about giving them skins, so thankyou for your post pamnock! now i know i dont have to peel everythinglol.. (i'm not sure why i thought that way, really.. )

Spiced77 wrote:
i wasnt sure about giving them skins, so thank you for your postpamnock! now i know i dont have to peel everything lol.. (i'm not surewhy i thought that way, really.. )

I always peeled everything too, I was thinking its hard for him to chew.

Actually, I heard that about eating apples. My mom always said to eat the skins.
Appearently for bunnies it works the same way:) Thanks

hehe, you probably skinned the poor fruit andveggies because as humans that is what we do :p Jezebel would sell herright hind thumper for an apple skin, bah to the nasty juicy tidbit ofapple connected to it!

Cher

Back