Pine wood chews

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle Savage

Reaction score
I emailed Super Pet to see what type of wood and dye they used to make a certain chew I bought for myjuvinelle (approx. 3.5 months old) rabbit.

Today I got a response, pine! I have readbad things about the aromas of this product, but what about the digestion of the product?

Will this hurt her? I will not being willing to take any risk with my bunny, so I took them away.

Why ispine so toxic anyway for eating or bedding?

Pine contains a resin that is toxic to rabbits. For some reason or at least my understanding after losing a rabbit to pine litter, their kidneys are affected by it. For the small amount of time she had the toy she should be alright.

I can hardly believe they will sell a product that would kill an animal, what is wrong with these people? I am so upsetthat theysell this stuff.
She had bit a very small amount off of the toy, maybe a pea siza worth or less. I have read thata chew toy would be fine if it was dried pine, but why chance it. I wonder if she will be ok. I love her like she is my child, she's very special to me.

Latest posts

Back