Pine Cones.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnysmom

Reaction score
I have been looking through the toys/chews onthe link from this forum. I came across a package of pinecones. Would these be the same as the pine cones that I canfind in my yard? We do not spray fertilizer or pesticides, sowould it be safe for me to give Bunny a pine cone fromoutside? She is about 10 weeks old, don't know if that willmake a difference.

I don't know if it is because she is still a baby, but she is such achewer!!! I give her paper to shred, and she always has lotsof fresh hay...but I think something a little more crunchy would bemuch more satisfying to her.

Here is a picture of the cones I saw in the chews section:

Yep, I think it's fine. As long asyou're not using pesticides. Wash it off well and you shouldbe good to go.

I give pine cones to my buns every now and then.
There's a house around the corner from me that always has a bunch on their lawn from their tree.

I bake them before giving them to the buns. You want to make sure any little buggers are exterminated.

Bake at about200 degrees for around 20 minutes.

~Jim

That is awesome guys! Thanks somuch! I will go get some and bake them. I think thebaking is a really good idea by the way!

Bunny is gonna think I'm the best!

I agree with the baking - I never thought ofthat Jim - but smart! I'm going to start baking minetoo. Probably tastes better too. :D

Oh, darnit. Now I wish Ryan's mom had nevermoved from her old house. We had TONS of pine cones laying around theback deck because we basically lived in the National Forest.

:headsmack

Ah well, I hope Bunny likes her pine cones :biggrin:.

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

Back