piles of poo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bijoux

Reaction score
My Bijoux is making little piles of pills in his clean cage, any idea what this means?

I've moved it recently and I think it confused him, is he making sure he finds it?

Oh, I guess I should mention heruns free in the house all the time, the cage just iswhere his litterbox, food and water is.

Thanks,

First of all, are they going where they normally would go?Are there different smells in 3 days of litter? If you restrict the areas, are there more likely there will be oopsys?;)

he probably thinks that the whole cage is a litterbox
When I found my first rabbit and did not know anthing

I used a thick square of nespapers in a corner as a litterbox and she was free roam. That was the best litterbox i every had as she used it continuously and only left a stray poop here or there.
She drank out of the dog bowl (yes the dog loved her)

I think having more than one makes them territiorial

now ihave 7 and one shelter bun and everything is always a mess

I did buy large plastic boxes , bigger than any litterbox made and that has ended peeing over the side .

My question I guess is more; is there a significant meaning when a rabbit leaves a pile of poo as opposed to just random pooing.

Thanks

It depends, if they poo out of their pan and you try to correct it, that is way less envasive than say, go in your cage, you just peed on the floor.;):shock: LOL:)

You can use their own passages to train, I know, it sounds wrong, but it works:D. Let us know your specific issue.:)

bijoux wrote:
My question I guess is more; is there a significant meaning when a rabbit leaves a pile of poo as opposed to just random pooing.

Thanks

Running around and leaving random poops is usually a sign of them marking and remarking the territory.

I have a couple that will run up and down in front of the other pens and leave a little pile (maybe 3 or 4)in front of each.

A larger pile of poops usually means that they've decided thatit's their new litter place....especially if theypoop and/or pee in the same spot repeatedly.

Two of mine have "alternate" poop spots ... (long strory in a different thread)

Yep, sorry, I neglected to mention that. I guess sometimes I think everyome knows that, haha.

Seriously, though, the marking of territory is a big one, especially if the bun isn't altered. I also slightly misspoke regarding territory, if made bigger could result in whoopsies, not "reducing it" that is what works. Sorry about that.:shock:

Latest posts

Back