Pictures

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aaaaawwwww .....Cheesecake is the cutest little turtle ever!

Yea he's a little cutie. He's not fullgrown yet. He'll be a year old in October but he wont be fullgrown till he's about 4 or 5. He'll get more yellow coloringas he grows.

What beautiful animals you have, I especiallylove your cats :). The rats are cute too. Since I came to live hereI've got quite fond of the rats that live around the garden, though Ihad words with them after they came in and ate my bathroom lights lastwinter! Still they're not half so pretty as yours. You must be reallyexcited about getting your new bunny tomorrow. Look forward to seeingthe photos and hearing all about it.:D

Sammy is friendly to me but will only be heldwhen he wants to be held. Sugar will let me hold heraccosionaly but would rather just sit on top of the cage. Samis very loving to me but is not used to other people. He willgo on their hand or on their shoulder but he wont let them touch him(he hisses if they try lol).

I got sugar out of the paper and she was not properly socialized beforeso I think this is the best she'll get. She just likes towatch though and be left alone. But I still love her:D. I'm not sure what happened to her before but she ismissing two toes. It may be from abuse or possibly fromanother bird.

I've always liked cockatiels. They are so pretty.If you do get one please read up alot on them beforehand.Most importantly, make sure you have a big enough cage and that you donot feed them only seeds. Mine are on a 90% pellet 10% seedmix. They really should be on all pellets but I give mine alittle seedsanyway. Also be sure to give themvegetables. Different birds will eat differentkinds. Mine dont seem to like vegetables much but they dolove romain lettuce so they get that every other day. :)

They are good pets for the right kind of people. If you havea lot of patience to train them, are willing to contstantly vacuum thefloor,and dont mind singing/noise/screeching then you canprobably handle a cockatiel. :)

-Madelon

If you really do want a cockatiel I know of a great forum for all the questions you may have.

We had 2 cockatiels that were so spoiled theyrefused to eat the pellets and would go a day or more without eating ifwe tried to change them to pellets.

Being the irresponsible kid I was, we had to get rid of the birds (thiswas years ago). I agree, read up on them thoroughly before hand.

You have to switch them to pllets gradually. It took me about 2 weeks to get it to what I have now.

First you do 10% pellet 90% seed, then 20 80, 30 70 etc...Gradually adding more pellet and less seed. Thats how I didit and although they like the seeds better they still eat thierpellets. Also I switched them to a water bottle because Samwas constantly tipping it over on purpose and spilling it.

I reccomend anyone with a bird at least try and switch to a waterbottle. They cant spill it and you wont have to change it asoften because the water wont get dirty from feathers, seeds, andsuch. I just put the bottle in there next to their water dishand once I saw both of them drink from it twice,took outtheir water dish.

Sorry, I dont know why I've been writting so much lately.

Latest posts

Back