Pictures of the baby mini lops! Lots of Pics!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shayhara

Reaction score
Pictures of the babies! Taken today at three days old.

The broken black doe (Moppet) we bred to the chestnut agouti buck had 9 kits, there where three solids and six solids. Now today I can't find the second grey solid. I searched the nest box (feeling under the fur etc) I tried for a few mintues with no luck to find it, and then she started getting antsy, and jumped into the box, so I put it back, and gave her some hay to distract her, but I didn't want to mess with it again tonight. I will look again when I do chores in the morning, but it was the smallest baby, perhaps she killed it and ate it because it was the runt? Or perhaps it died and she ate it?? I know there where three solids the first two days, I checked them twice a day both days. Three solids, if it was a broken missing I would think I just miss counted.
The living kits seem to be agouti, steels, maybe a black/broken black, I think the greyish ones are Opals, but I am not sure. I can't wait till they are old enough to tell what colors they will be.
SchmidtsSM4AK384sMarchKits3.jpg

SchmidtsSM4AK384sMarchKits2.jpg

SchmidtsSM4AK384sMarchKits.jpg

I counted for sure and there are 7 kits in the gold tipped steels litter, Dad is the broken black chinchilla three broken and four solid. All three of these brokens are blanket pattern. Looks like steels, agouti's, maybe a black. The one kit on the top of the others looks more brown then the others??? I know its early to be able to tell anything. But this is what I will do for a while.
SchmidtsC22SchmidtsCT10MarchKits.jpg

SchmidtsC22SchmidtsCT10MarchKits2.jpg

SchmidtsC22SchmidtsCT10MarchKits3.jpg

Congratulations!!! They are adorable! Chances are good, if your counting was correct, that the smallest one burrowed deep into the nest somewhere.

Congratulations! Thanks so much for sharing your baby pics!

They are so adorable. I love that little face of the solid one.

Moms are doing really good. It must be so exciting to see those tiny babies.

Hope you find the little one that might be hiding.

K:)

I will try to get some more pictures tomorrow.

Unfortunately I found the missing baby yesterday. I was doing chores and turned the lamp on over the gold tipped steels box, and found the baby, dead in the corner, it somehow crawled out of the broken black does box and across the cage and into the cage of the steel doe. She bit the ear off, but other then that there where no marks on it. Sad, but I am kind of glad to know that Moppet didn't do it to her own baby.

So sad! I had some of my brit babies escape from moms cage too and climb all the way across a room to hide under a box. We found it dead the next morning. Maybe try moving the box away from the walls of the cage if its close. And hopefully there is baby saver wire on the bootom half of the cages. If not you can always make your own by overlapping some cage wire (which is what we had to do)

Here are some more pictures of the babies
The litter of the broken black do is smaller and skinnier then the litter of the GTS doe. I held both does and let the smallest two babies have a chance to nurse. Then I moved the smallest kit to the GTS box, it looks different then hers so I will be able to tell them apart. So now she has 8 and the broken black has 7. Not real sure what colors we have but it looks like, black, chinchilla, steel and chestnut agouti.

First litter ; SM4(chestnut agouti) and AK384 (broken black)

SchmidtsSM4AK384sMarchKits6days.jpg

SchmidtsSM4AK384sMarchKits6daysbluesbelly.jpg

SchmidtsSM4AK384sMarchKits6daysblacksbelly.jpg

SchmidtsSM4AK384sMarchKits6days2.jpg

Second litter ; C22 (broken black chinchilla) and CT10 (gold tipped steel)
SchmidtsC22SchmidtsCT10MarchKits6daysi.jpg

SchmidtsC22SchmidtsCT10MarchKits6daysbrokenSteelORblack.jpg

SchmidtsC22SchmidtsCT10MarchKits6daysbrokenagouti.jpg

Back