Pics of the babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loppalove

Reaction score
buns034.jpg

SO far not impressed with my doe, she continually tramples them, has not fed them yet (she had them hours ago) on her own, and even clawed at one, which was when i took them away from her all together. I am going to continue to allow her to feed them, but under my supervision like i did tonight. I stimulated each of them after they ate tonight, and each peed. They are all doing fine so far.

Does the grey skin mean they will be grey or black?

It could go either way, blacks will often start with a gray base (usually darker than that) and will turn much darker within a week or so. Gray will stay the gray color. Could they be blue? Blue and gray look about the same when they are tiny.

Doe is still being really aggressive toward babies, when i hold them on her, she tries to claw them. I am so disapointed. :tears2:

I am thinking they are not getting much milk, she has some coming in, but not very much, we are coming in on about 24 hours since they were born. I am thinking atleast they are all still alive, and each is getting something from her i am sure because like i said when i squeeze her nipple a little milk (colastrum?) comes out. I will just continue this way for a while until I need to go to plan b. I just hope i dont loose any of them in the process.

They are not really getting the "ping pong" bellies, but they arent very wrinkly either. Hopefully that is a good sign...please keep your paws crossed we get through this with these little babies ok. :(

thats sad :( not all does are cut out to be moms though.

keep us updated on babies! and maybe start supplementing them with formula?

loppalove wrote:
Based on her past, this is her 3rd and final strike.
What does that mean? :?

Ditto to Brenda. Anybun can have a litter, but not all will care for them properly.

I hope the babies grow up to be healthy, I've had a mini rex do this before. Just keep flipping her over and letting the babies nurse. Mine were fine. Also, put a warmed waterbotlle with a towl around it in the babies nestbox to keep them warm, make sure there is plenty room to move away from it though.
Karlie

Happi Bun wrote:
loppalove wrote:
Based on her past, this is her 3rd and final strike.
What does that mean? :?

Ditto to Brenda. Anybun can have a litter, but not all will care for them properly.

It means this is her third litter, and that based on her previous 2, and this one, she will never be bred again due to her not "getting" how to be a good mother.

Sorry, after I re read that it sounded kinda scary...:shock:

Latest posts

Back