Pic's of My Hutch and some set up ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe.G

Reaction score
Hi, I have this hutch attached to my Chicken Coop, The Hutch is 8 Ft long and about 2 Ft wide, There is a Removable divider in the center I can remove if they get a long.

They each have there own feeder and there own water bottles.

I have wood shavings that I may put in the en closer with some hay on top so they get comfy.

Is there anything I need to do diffrent for the summer and the winter so they stay safe?

IMG_4070.jpg

IMG_4530.jpg

IMG_4063.jpg

Very nice set up. Is that one of the kits? I've seen something similar to this structure.

Good for you. Chickens and rabbits work well together.

K :)

No me and my Girlfriend built it on our won, we just built as we went. I got the wood for free from the local sawmill, so I have very little money tied up in it. I don't build many things so I am very happy with how it turned out.

IMG_4060.jpg

IMG_4064.jpg

IMG_4068.jpg

IMG_4066.jpg

IMG_4535-1.jpg

IMG_4532.jpg

IMG_4076.jpg

Nice set up!
I'd only make sure the shavings are not cedar or pine bc it causes respiratory problems. I don't know much about keeping rabbits outside but there are some great people here who do! Good luck!

Off-topic but sweet rotti. Makes me want to cry, I lost my rotti in August to cancer. I miss him every day :(

I have aspen Shavings,

And I have two Rotties, My Female ( The tailed one ) is a Retired show dog and a great family Member, My male who just turned a Year Is great dog also, He is young and came from a Working background and is very High Drive.

IMG_4110.jpg

IMG_4227.jpg

IMG_4218.jpg

IMG_4267.jpg

IMG_4265.jpg

Do you have pics of the inside of the hutch? Is it a solid floor or wire? If wire, make sure they have somewhere solid to get off it for awhile. There are woven mats you can get that are great for rabbits. They'll eventually chew them up to nothing, but it gives them something to entertain themselves too. :)

Look into litter training them too. Makes for much easier clean up than letting them go wherever.

Lots of straw or aspen shavings (no pine or cedar) in their hutches will help them stay warm. Make sure they don't have a direct wind on them. Put a blanket or tarp (or both) over the hutch to keep out the wind. Make sure their water doesn't freeze. Crocks, I think, are supposed to be better for that over the water bottles.

In the summer, you'll want to supply them with either frozen water bottles or a piece of tile to lay on so they don't get too hot.

I'd like to see a run built underneath for them. 4 x 2 is pretty small to live in 24/7. I recommend putting a run underneath at least the same size as the hutch above. Double the size would be better. Also I recommend down concrete patio pavers as the base. Rabbits can be notorious for digging to freedom. Plus it will give them somewhere cool to lay in the summer.

Also, if you bought 3 bunnies, you're going to need another hutch until the boys get neutered! Like I said before, 2 (or 3) can turn into 20 (or 30) in no time!

Hope that helps!

Rue

The floor is solid on the enclosed part and the the open part has a weld wire floor, I do want to get the males fixed, the two dutches are only a month old. at this time.

Only a month old? Better get them some probiotics (either small animal or the stuff for horses will work best). Most breeders and rescues recommend not rehoming babies till they're at least 8 weeks as their digestive systems are so delicate at that age.

Hope that helps!

Rue

Lovin' those beautiful Rotties :biggrin2:

I'll post my baby in my blog if you want to see him

btw you should build those for people, might make some $$$$!

I would love to see pictures, I haven't been all around the site yet, I am assuming there is a place for pictures, Where is your Blog I would like to see the pic's.

It did come out well, I would hae liked to have built it just a touch bigger, And I am either going to add on another rabbit hutch for two Bunnies or make a free standing one, I built this one for two Bunnies and i came home with three.

A lot of people have asked me to build them, I am on a Other animal/Pet forums also and I have gotten good feedback.

The cost of the ones I was looking at were $1,500 and up, for ones that aren't as nice, I built this one a lot cheaper.

I am not going to stain it yet I want the wood to age I am tring to get th eold barn color out of it. The coop was almost white when I built it in the fall and it is now a yellowish color.

Great Job doing this without plans or a kit. And using material from other projects, what a way to save money. Better than spending $1,500 for one that wasn't as nice. But I have to say, doing it yourself is the best way to go.

Love the Rotties. Beautiful dogs.

Look forward to seeing your bunnies as well.

K :)

On the main page there's a section called "warm and fuzzy", and just under that title is a section called "bunny blogs". In the legend on the left side of everyone's posts is a spot called "RO Blog". If you Navigate to the bunny blog section you can scroll down until you find that persons blog name. That's where you can find info on the members bunnies, or whatever else they choose to throw in. Mine is "Beach Bunnies". My favorite pic of him is there, he's all dirty just like he always loved to be. :D

Unfortunately I don't know how to do a link, but if you go into the photo gallery on the main page, then touch A in the alphabet menu at the top, you can scroll down to Ape337, click on that and see my pics. He is right on my first page of pics, you can click on his image to see a larger pic.

I'm not very tech savvy :(

Back