Pics of my fids (fur and feather)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allison

Reaction score
Okay here are pics of some of my pets. These are all of the pets that belong to me personally.
Here are my birdsKei and Sunshine.
Updatedpicsofthefidsfurandfeather00.jpg

Updatedpicsofthefidsfurandfeathe-1.jpg

Here is my bunny Dusty.
Updatedpicsofthefidsfurandfeathe-3.jpg

And my rats (the one with the black head is Winery the one with the brown one is Wiff.)
Updatedpicsofthefidsfurandfeathe-2.jpg

Updatedpicsofthefidsfurandfeather01.jpg

Updatedpicsofthefidsfurandfeathe-4.jpg

And here's my cat Cricket. I bought her with my own money when I was in 7th grade.
Updatedpicsofthefidsfurandfeather01.jpg

allison wrote:
Lol, rats make great pets. I really don't see why some people are arfraid of them. They are so sweet and smart too.
LOL, I brought my baby goat Figment over to a friend's party to hang out and had Figment on my lap. A kid came to the party and started flipping out and went back to his car to sit because he was so afraid of my goat. I couldn't help but chuckle into my goat's neck when I heard why he was flipping out.

Ellie

Aww! So cute! We used to have a LOT of birds. We had a big aviary thing my dad built were we kept our three cockatiels, and we had a pair of budgies and at one point we had this HUGE cage with 6 other budgies in it. I had a little love bird, but the thing was meaner then heck! We had an african gray, but we had to sell her and our ring necked I think that's what they're called? Flew away when my mom opened the screen door for a second :(. We never did find Jade, he was such a beautiful parrot. I miss my birds :(.

I wanted, and still want a pair of gerbils..a guy that I went to school with had gerbils.. such cute little things!

Cute fids!! I've wanted birds for quite a while, but with the kinds of cats we have, it just won't happen...they wouldn't rest until those birds had been consumed, believe me!!

What cuties...:)

They're all so adorable! I used to have rats, but they passed away. However, I have two budgies, Peekaboo & Skylar, and a long haired hamster, named Mowgli.

MyBoyHarper wrote:
Awww, what pretty birdies! I own rats too, and I have a lovebird. He's so spoiled!

This is Peaches:

peaches1small.jpg
What a cutie. They can be a little nippy but they can also be so sweet. Depends on how they are handled.

maherwoman wrote:
Cute fids!! I've wanted birds for quite a while, but with the kinds of cats we have, it just won't happen...they wouldn't rest until those birds had been consumed, believe me!!

I know what you mean. My mom has 5 cats (including mine) and they are all kept in the basement but when they come upstairs they all know where the birds are. They sit at my door meowing. :D

Jess_sully wrote:
They're all so adorable! I used to have rats, but they passed away. However, I have two budgies, Peekaboo & Skylar, and a long haired hamster, named Mowgli.

I used to have another budgie named Skylar but he died from toxin intake. I had no idea that cleaning products and air freshiners could be deadly to birds. I used frebreese once around his cage (not directly on him or anything but next to the cage on a chair) and he died. I did it just before school and when I came home he was gone.:shock:I thought he might be sick so I brought Sunshine in ( I didn't know about necropsys) and gave her a clean bill of health. When I asked him what could have caused his sudden death he told me about toxins and I said all I used what frebreeze and he said yep that's a toxin.:?I think that more people should know that cleaners can be very harmfull.

Exactly! Ours would do the same thing, and with our Sunny girl knowing how to open doors (with round doorknobs, mind you!), it's just not a great combo. Especially when you consider that we live in a one bedroom, and our daughter has the room, while my husband and I have a section of our large livingroom that we have sectioned off for our room (to save money on rent). That means they would have to be in the livingroom with all the animals at night...we'd get NO sleep!!

Even if I got a couple of ratties or gerbils...same thing. They would have to be RIGHT next to the bed, and I would be shooing cats off my face all night...LOL!! Sunny is VERY stubborn and is more the hunter of the two (mostly since Hobbes is VERY clumsy).

My sister had a rattie named Miho when she was about 16 (and I was 11 or 12), and he was just the sweetest guy!! He grew to be over a foot long (NOT including his tail), and we'd figured out that he was a hooded pack rat (from books and such). What a cutie...I loved that big guy!!

allison wrote:
maherwoman wrote:

I know what you mean. My mom has 5 cats (including mine) and they are all kept in the basement but when they come upstairs they all know where the birds are. They sit at my door meowing. :D

RATS!!!
thud.gif

Oh my! I'm sure they are lovely... as soon as you get to know them. My problem would be, getting to know them!

We used to have a yellow budgie named Sunshine too. Actually we had two. The first one passed over the Rainbow Bridge when my little girl was at school, so I spent all day driving around town looking for another one that looked just like it. It worked!

The things we do for our kids!

Raspberry

Actually my kids were fairly well adjusted when it came to pet deaths. You wouldn't believe the toilet bowl funerals we used to have for our fish...

It's just that at the time that Sunshine #1 passed on, Steph was only in Kindergarten, I had just gone through a divorce, moved into a new home, and put her into a new school- I just didn't want to deal with the drama.

And in all fairness. Sunshine would have rather pecked your eyes out than to have been touched! So, it wasn't like it was real difficult to make the switchbecause we were rarely close enough to her to get a good look at the little monster! :X

If your Momma did do a swap for you, not saying it ever happened of course...
lookaround.gif

...it was only out of the kindness of her heart!
inlove.gif

Raspberry

I remember when my mom tried that trick with my first pet, a giant goldfish, when I was in second grade. I noticed the switch right away though, because the new one had a tiny spot under it's eye that she hadn't even noticed. I told her I thought Crystal Light (that was her name) had a disease and would die soon, and that we should make plans for a funeral. She was shocked that I handled it so welland ended up explaining to me was REALLY happened, lol.

I thought I'd let you guys know how I came to get my pets.
Well, I got Cricket in 7th grade after my dad moved out. He was allergic to cats so I couldn't get one untill he moved out. I had saved all my babysitting and birthday/Christmas money for her. She was $150 and was spayed/declawed (not that I agree with declawing) when I got her.

Next I got 2 budgies in Jan, 2003. I really didn't know much about them which ended in the death of Skylar, Sunshines mate. I used air freshiner around thier cage (not directly on them but around them) and he inhaled some of it and died. I brought Sunshine in thinking he might have been sick but she was fine and that's when the vet told me about airborn toxins.

A few weeks after that I got my rattie girls. It was either summer 2003 they were only 8 weeks old and I got them from the humane society at $5 each. One was meant to be my friends but her mom said that she couldn't keep it so both stayed with me.

Kei I had been doing research on small parrots for 6 months and he was a was my Christmas presant for 2005. We traveled to Arkansas to get him. Little did I know he would cost my birthday/Christmas from my dad for 2 years (so far).

And dusty came to me on Holloween 2004 from the humane society. We took him into a room to play and he humped my mom's head so there was no turning back after that. lol

Back