Photos of my dog in the park

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenson

Reaction score
Finally we had some good weather here in Wales, so I got some photos of Jiro enjoying himself. He's doing really well, and is making a friend of everyone he meets, he is certainly showing people what a joy a well brought up Japanese Akita is! :D

He is such a well mannered and loving dog. I can't imagine ever being without him. Right now he's running in sleep and barking, hehe. :biggrin2:

_MG_9328yo7.jpg

_MG_9334yo8.jpg

_MG_9288yo3.jpg

_MG_9337yo10.jpg

_MG_9331yo8.jpg

_MG_9318yo6.jpg

Montana, you should get one, they're brilliant! :D So hard to find a true Japanese though. Apparantly there are estimated to be only 100 in the UK. In the US they don't consider the Akita and the Japanese Akita Inu two seperate breeds, so it's even harder to find a pure one there.

I think that's why so many people get confused about the two, there are so many people who have massive brown and white Akitas with black masks who call them Japanese Akita Inu, but Japanese don't even come in that colour! :?

your pictures are gorgeous!! You should think of getting into the biz of dog photos!! BEAUTIFUL Akita Inu. Good structure, solid looking boy.

Thanks Maukin! I was actually considering getting a mobile studio and doing a home pet portrait service when I can drive. Would be fantastic to work with two things I love, animals and photography!

Jenson wrote:
Montana, you should get one, they're brilliant! :D So hard to find a true Japanese though. Apparantly there are estimated to be only 100 in the UK. In the US they don't consider the Akita and the Japanese Akita Inu two seperate breeds, so it's even harder to find a pure one there.

I think that's why so many people get confused about the two, there are so many people who have massive brown and white Akitas with black masks who call them Japanese Akita Inu, but Japanese don't even come in that colour! :?
This is very true. We do a lot of OFA's at the hospital I'm employed at, and one time an Akita breeder was telling me all about the Akita controversy. If you look up Japanese Akita's, they look a whole lot different than Akita's in the US. This site explains it http://www.tamarlane.com/comp.htm.

The main difference in the two is that true Japanese Akita's are not allowed to have any black coloration on them, where as American Akita's are.

Wow he is soo handsome! Great pictures of him! ......You always take great pics! He must be a very lucky dog to be with you! His fur looks so soft! :biggrin2:

Megan

Yes, I think it's a real shame that they get confused, and especially that they get cross bred in America. I think they should both get the credit they deserve!

I think the head and face of the Japanese Akita are hugely different from the American too. You can really see the German Shepherd in American Akita, whereas the Japanese have a much more oriental face.

There is a big difference in temerament too, true Japanese Akita are not at all dog aggressive, they're much more gregarious and they're rubbish as guard dogs. I think the American and Japanese are like chalk and cheese to be honest!

Not that I don't like the American, I think they're nice too, but I wish people would stop confusing them.

He's gorgeous and you can see he's smiling! He's very happy!

I am going to hire someone to come to the barn and take my son's senior photos this summer.

I know others have had like photos with their cars, and friends and sport - well my son has his horse and rabbit and sheep and he has a bunch of ribbons and plaques from 4-H so I want that to be his theme.

You should do some of that too if they do that sort of thing there.

http://www.akita-inu.com/two_akita_breeds.htm

This website is another good one. If you read the original history of the Akita, you can understand why the German Shepherds were crossed into the lines. It was the only way, back then, for them to have a chance at preserving the Akita breed. We have an Akita breeder here who is a regular client, and I love all of her dogs. There are two Akita's down the street from me who look completely different from even the American and the Japanese version. They are thinner, and taller, with a different looking head, but that is what you would call the pet Akita.

stargazerLily wrote:
http://www.akita-inu.com/two_akita_breeds.htm

This website is another good one. If you read the original history of the Akita, you can understand why the German Shepherds were crossed into the lines. It was the only way, back then, for them to have a chance at preserving the Akita breed. We have an Akita breeder here who is a regular client, and I love all of her dogs. There are two Akita's down the street from me who look completely different from even the American and the Japanese version. They are thinner, and taller, with a different looking head, but that is what you would call the pet Akita.
Yes I've read that before, I often link it to people when I'm trying to explain that there are two breeds. :p I did a lot of research into both before types before I bought Jiro, the history of both is really interesting!

I like to link to this gallery too, I think it gives a pretty good idea of what a true Japanese Akita Inu should look like!

http://www.akitaros.ru/eurodogshow.html

The one on the last row of two near the bottom, "Tartagals Hatsuga Go" is Jiro's auntie.

What a beautiful dog! Your dog looks like the typical gentle giant :biggrin2:

I've only known about Japanese Akitas.. and did not know that "American" Akitas existed. But then again, I do not know much about dogs!

Bo, yes he has such a clear smile!

I've never heard of anything like the senior photos before. What is the general idea of them? Who knows, maybe it would catch on here? :D

When kids graduate high school here, they have really good photos taken for family, friends, and all that.

Plus, my son's will be in the 4-H 10 year member book, fairbook and all sorts of things like that.

It used to be very generic like a class photo but done in a better way - dressed up more, etc.

Now, they tend to go with themes. It's nice to have a sort of momento of the last year of high school. They try to capture the personality and lifestyle of the student.

That's a really nice idea. Why don't we do that? :? We only had a big group photo at school which they asked me to do! I refused though because they wouldn't pay me, and I thought they should've out of principle. :p

Latest posts

Back